Los Angeles, CA
Grand Vision Foundation
SPECIAL EVENT ASSOCIATE
GRAND VISION FOUNDATION
Grand Vision Foundation, an arts presenting nonprofit, seeks a highly organized outgoing candidate with excellent communication and writing skills and a passion for the arts, to fill a temporary Special Event position with potential for long term employment in the area of donor relations. Working closely with the Executive Director and staff, this position is designed to provide event support for the organization’s annual major fundraiser and provide support to strengthen our development opportunities and relationships.
The Special Event Associate will work as a member of an existing team to assist with all areas of major event production for Grand Vision’s upcoming dinner and auction fundraising gala, The Gathering for the Grand, held on Saturday, April 9, 2016. The Special Event Associate will also provide strong development support to advance and build new relationships with sponsors, donors, guests and members. Scope and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Providing assistance and being present before, during and immediately after the gala on April 9
• Requesting and processing auction items
• Coordinating event logistics
• Participating in tribute book ad sales support solicitation
• Communicating regularly by phone and in writing, with sponsors, donors, guests and volunteers
• Attending Chamber of Commerce business mixers, and other relevant public meetings and events
• Data entry in event database
• Scheduling and supporting sponsor meetings
• Providing updates to website as directed.
• Some general office tasks such as answering phones, tickets sales, mailings, errands or filing.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Experience with event planning and production and project management
• Knowledge or experience with community fundraising projects
• Full proficiency with Microsoft Office with general graphic design program capabilities.
• Experience posting on social media sites.
• Data entry experience
• Excellent organizational, and communication skills, both written and oral
• Ability to work a variety of irregular hours in preparation for April 9, 2016 event
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs
• Creative self-motivated thinker with a positive attitude
25-30 hours/wk. $15.00-18.00/hr. Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit the following two elements in one pdf document: a cover letter explaining how you meet the position requirements and a chronological resume. Email to: email@example.com
The mission of Grand Vision Foundation is to inspire and engage the diverse Los Angeles Harbor/South Bay community through culturally inclusive arts and educational experiences centered on the historic Warner Grand Theatre and the Grand Annex in downtown San Pedro. Underlying Grand Vision’s efforts is our belief that local arts have the power to bridge cultural boundaries, inspire the local economy, and unite and enrich our community. Grandvision.org.