Burbank Arts for All
Reports to: Executive Director
The Foundation seeks a Special Events Manager who will be an integral part of a small team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this salary position manages the logistics, fundraising and coordination of all special events including, but not limited to, the Party on the Plaza Gala, the Secret Art Show, Creative Circles Forums, and private donor events.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with non-profit fundraising event management such as meeting budgeted goals, working with the venue and/or vendors, soliciting sponsorship or in-kind donations, maintaining event and donor records, and conducting necessary follow-up and thank you letters in a timely manner
- Management experience to lead as well as follow and execute instructions effectively
- Demonstrated success in managing a budget, preparing financial analysis and reports regarding event management
- Ability to organize a large group of volunteers to support event success
- Demonstrated strong time management skills with extreme attention to detail
- A commitment to a high level of customer service and the ability to maintain positive, professional, interpersonal relations with fellow staff, Board members, donors and community
- Ability to handle confidential material in a professional and responsible manner
- Manage all events, which may include weekends and evenings
- A car, valid driver's license and insurance required
- Excellent MS Office Suite skills (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, Excel) and Adobe PDF,
- Experience with Donor Perfect or other donor database management system
- Flexibility to work in a small office environment where there may be other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee must be able to do the following: sit for extended periods; bend and reach for filing and other job-related functions; climb up and down stairs; bend, stoop, and lift to move and retrieve materials; pull, push, and lift; reach both above and below shoulder height. Manual dexterity to operate computer and other office equipment required. Ability to set up and break down event related equipment such as easels, tables, chairs, signage, etc. The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in fundraising, special events and donor relations for a non-profit
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related arts field
- Experience working in a fast paced, creative environment
COMPENSATION AND HOURS
This position is full time salaried and commensurate with experience, includes 12 paid Holidays and parking.
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
Please email a cover letter, a list of three professional references, and current resume with a subject line “Special Events Manager” to:
Trena Pitchford, Executive Director, at email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Burbank Arts for All Foundation believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities and does not discriminate against its employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.