Megan Geckler Studio
Megan Geckler Studio is seeking a part-time assistant to work in the Arts District of Los Angeles, CA. We are an artist-run studio operating out of Los Angeles. We make large-scale, site-specific installation artworks out of a variety of materials including flagging tape (construction tape), dyed rope, aluminum, and others. Our clients include museums and galleries as well as corporations and cities around the world. Please visit our website: megangeckler.com --- prior to applying for this position. There are work examples and videos of the artworks being created. From these videos you will be able to see that the job is very detail-oriented and physically demanding.
The weekly average for this position is expected to be at least 15 hours per week and may exceed 40+ hours at other times, depending on the workload. You must have flexibility in your availability and schedule.
We understand that candidates might not have experience in all of the following areas. We are willing to teach and train the right person. You should be open and willing to learn new things, techniques, and skills.
This position is a 70/30 split job – though it will fluctuate.
Approximately 70% of your time will be as a studio assistant to Megan. She works part of the time out of her home office and part of the time at her Arts District studio. You should be ok / psyched to be around cats at her home, she has 2 of them.
Approximately 30% of your time will be running errands (shopping, shipping packages, and doing whatever needs to get done, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Verbal and written communication skills (excellent grammar)
- Be detail oriented, self-starter, time management
- Have experience researching new materials, services, vendors, etc.
Bonus points for any marketing and sales experience.
Studio assistant skills:
- Hands on experience making detail-oriented, hand-crafted things (art, design, craft, etc.)
- Photography skills (a basic understanding of dSLRs)
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Bridge (MAC platform)
- Design skills, file and layer management in all programs
- Hand and electric tool skills, basic or advanced carpentry, creation, finishing, and painting of elements (pedestals, canvasses and panels)
Bonus points for Rhino, Grasshopper, rendering, or CAD skills.
Personal assistant skills:
- Discretion with personal information
- Valid drivers license and car insurance
How to apply:
Send an email to: email@example.com
- Cover letter – let us know why you are applying for this job, communicate your enthusiasm for the position to us, and please consider this to be a sample of your professional writing skills. (PDF format)
- Portfolio – show photos of some of the projects you have worked on, either for others or yourself, include a short written description for each image. This should be in PDF form and no larger than 5MB
- Resume – list relevant job experience and three references (Name, job title, email and phone #). If you have any fluency in other languages, please include that as well. (PDF format)
- Links to any online content that you have put out into the world – writing for blogs, Instagram, Tumblr, anything that shows social media savvy.
All applicants who do not submit applications with the required materials will not be considered for the position.