Satsuki Shibuya Studio
Los Angeles, CA
S A T S U K I S H I B U Y A studio is looking for a part-time studio manager. The position requires 15-25 hours per week (may fluctuate depending on projects) of remote and in-person studio work. An hourly pay rate will be determined based on the applicant's skills and experience.
The applicant must be flexible as the artist’s schedule may change on short notice, have their own car and computer/laptop (Mac is preferred), have access to a reliable and secure internet source while working remotely, be available to come into the studio in Rancho Palos Verdes, and be based in the Los Angeles/Orange County area.
DUTIES + RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but not limited to)
- Project management: Building a schedule, handling client correspondence/scheduling meetings, and preparing proposals, contracts, and invoices as needed
- Sourcing/researching information pertaining to on-going projects
- Assisting with creation of PR/Marketing materials, such as photography (studio scenes, lifestyle) as well as promotional visuals (posters) and text
- Filing and maintaining organization of artwork inventory (physical and digital), photographs, and studio documents
- Keeping the studio website up to date with the latest artwork, information, and journal entries
- Assisting with packaging and shipping of artwork, stretching canvas, upkeep of studio space
- Accompanying and supporting artist during events, workshops, installations, etc.
- Driving artist to work and non-work related locations, when needed and/or delivering artwork
- Providing weekly updates on projects and assignments
- Overseeing email correspondences and briefing artist on new inquiries/developments in on-going communications
- Creating a monthly studio newsletter
- Suggesting ways to improve processes while keeping long-term goals in sight
THE RIGHT INDIVIDUAL
- Strong skills in the area of time management and organization, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once
- Detail-oriented, trustworthy, and down to earth with positive energy
- A natural at helping others and finds purpose in a supportive role
- Understands the S A T S U K I S H I B U Y A aesthetics and philosophy
- Consistent availability Monday through Thursday, at times, Fridays, punctual, and responsive
- Self-motivated, quick learner, and ability to take direction well
- Enjoys working in both a small team environment and solo
- Comfortable with delivering work under deadlines and periods of heightened pressure
- Communicates in a professional, yet personable manner and possesses excellent grammar
- Strong knowledge of Google sheets, Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/In-Design and working knowledge of Lightroom
- Has an interest and/or background in photography
- Fluency in spoken and written Japanese would be a big plus! An appreciation for Japanese culture is also welcomed.
HOW TO APPLY
If this position connects with you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with
“STUDIO MANAGER” in the subject line and include:
- A link to your website, blog, and/or portfolio
- Any links to social media platforms you may be active on
- Availability during the week (studio is closed on the weekends)
- Where you are located in Los Angeles/Orange County
- Your thoughts on why this job would be right for you
- 3 work references (please include: Name, Phone Number and/or Email of the individual, relationship to individual)
Thank you for taking the time to apply!