Center for the Arts Eagle Rock
Image Studio: Afterschool Arts Program
Eagle Rock, CA
Position Title: Teaching Artist Assistant (TA)
Status: Part-time, Independent Contractor position; one-hour session after-school, one day per week for 10 weeks; multiple classroom positions available
Start Date: September 2016 for 10 weeks
Stipend: $200 Teaching Assistant
- An imaginative approach to teaching art to students
- The ability to manage a classroom of up to 20 students
- TB clearance and Live Scan certification
- Reliable transportation
- Experience in low-income communities
- Degree from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with and experience teaching within LAUSD system
- Two years teaching art to youths of elementary and middle school age
- One year preparing, age-appropriate curriculum in-line with stated VAPA Standards
- Innovative curriculum samples of visual arts projects that demonstrate an understanding of VAPA standards
In addition to assisting Teaching Artists Instructors with classroom set up and project management, Teaching Assistants are tasked with documenting weekly classroom projects through photography and video. Teaching Assistants are required to complete a training session and end of semester recap and evaluation survey.
About Center for the Arts Eagle Rock:
The mission of Center for the Arts Eagle Rock (CFAER) is to be innovative in providing multidisciplinary, arts-inclusive programming and arts education to the diverse communities of northeast Los Angeles and beyond.
Imagine Studio, our signature afterschool arts enrichment program, is offered free to elementary and middle schools throughout Northeast Los Angeles, many with Title 1 status. By bringing the arts back to LAUSD, we are investing in our youth and our community. All of our teaching artist instructors build their classes into a small community, where freedom of expression feels safe and positive. Our classes are highly student-motivated and project-oriented.
Please send resume, references, and brief cover letter to:
Director of Education, Erika Sorondo at email@example.com
Subject Line: “Imagine Studio Teaching Artist Assistant”