P.S. ARTS is currently accepting applications from experienced, VISUAL ARTS Teaching Artists.
P.S. ARTS is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children by bringing arts education to underserved public schools and their communities. For more information, please visit our website at www.psarts.org.
Position Description- Teaching Artist
Date created: 10/29/15
Status: Seasonal/Temporary, 10-week residencies
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
General Work Hours: M-F, 7:30AM-3:00PM (Regular school hours)
Location: Culver City, Inglewood, Compton, LA-area
- Develop a sequential, standards-based, K-5th grade curriculum
- Submit documentation of teaching practice, including curriculum and lesson plans using P.S. ARTS online mapping program
- Teach an arts discipline across multiple grade levels
- Address the learning needs of diverse student populations
- Identify and plan cross curriculum connections in and across multiple subject areas
- Represent P.S. ARTS amongst multiple school community stakeholders, including classroom teachers, parents, administration, and donors
- Apply knowledge and skills through ongoing professional development into teaching practice
Skills, Qualifications, Requirements:
- Minimum three years of teaching experience required. Experience teaching VISUAL ARTS, during the school day, within a public school setting preferred. Work with low-income communities is also preferred.
- BA degree in arts, education, community arts or relevant field of study. MA or MFA preferred
- Spanish/English bilingual highly encouraged to apply. Must be fluent in both languages.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise in a specific arts discipline
- Demonstrate a familiarity with the California Framework for the Visual and Performing Arts
- Ability to work collaboratively in a school environment and with various school community members
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line “TEACHING ARTIST- VISUAL ARTS”
NOTE: If you have previously applied to P.S. ARTS and were not chosen for a position, do not let that deter you from submitting again.
Hard copies will not be accepted. No phone calls please.