Side Street Projects
Agoura Hills, CA
Attention: teachers, artists, woodworkers & do it yourself-ers:
Side Street Projects is looking for teaching artists who are enthusiastic about working with kids from ages 5-11 in a woodshop on a bus for 8 weeks from June 18 - August 10th in Agoura Hills. The camp runs from 8:30am-3pm Monday-Friday. We will provide woodworking curriculum training at our headquarters in Pasadena. There is partial mileage reimbursement for the commute.
Our classrooms are held in renovated school buses, which contain 15 workstations, specifically designed for children. Each workstation contains basic woodworking hand tools that students will learn how to use throughout the course of the program.
We are a non-profit artist run organization, we work to help artists, including children, build and increase their creative confidence. We also have a tool co-op and host artist projects. As a teaching artist you are able to plug into a network of artists and may have access to our equipment.
We are seeking exceptional, motivated, creative professionals who possess most of the following traits:
- You’re responsible, courteous, reliable, and prompt
- You have a background in visual arts
- You have prior experience teaching children
- You have reliable transportation
- You work well in collaborative teaching environments and can manage a fast paced classroom setting
- You must have availability to work the full 8 weeks period as described
- Prior woodworking experience is not required, but appreciated
- May lead to future teaching opportunities within the organization
Please visit our website to find out more information: http://sidestreet.org
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter by June 6th, 2018."