Glendale Community College
This is a temporary hourly position in the Studio Arts department in the Visual and Performing Arts Division.
Performs technical, clerical, and tutoring duties in an Instructional Lab, and accommodates computer-assisted learning programs to the curriculum assigned. Positions assigned to this classification may work, in an English, Math, Basic Skills, Writing, Office Skills, Word Processing, Disabled Students, Fine Arts Laboratory or Science Laboratory.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Supervision is provided by an administrator or classified manager. Provides work direction to lower-level staff. Supervision is exercised over student workers.
Up to 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday: 9:00am-5:30pm as needed.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assists students individually and in small groups in laboratory work provided by instructors
- Monitors student progress
- Keeps records of student work according to established procedure
- Assists in training of Instructional Aides
- Assists faculty in preparing the lab's annual budget, and in gathering data and drafting portions of grant proposals
- Coordinates the use of the lab equipment and facilities, prepares requisitions, and keeps records of supplies and equipment
- Maintains the security and physical appearance of the laboratory
- Assists instructors in scoring and record keeping
- Translates and modifies computer-assisted instructional programs in the subject area for use in the laboratory
- Tutors students in subject area and assists them in computer use
- Selects, trains, evaluates and maintains schedules of student workers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic composition
- English usage, grammar and spelling
- Understanding of the operation of word processors
- The subject area of the lab assigned
- Coordinate the tutorial program to provide effective coverage during the lab's hours of operation
- Assist and support the teaching of the subject area assigned
- Understand and carry-out instructions
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Demonstrate the proper utilization of equipment and materials
- Keep accurate records and perform basic statistical calculations
- Operate a computer terminal and other office equipment
- Interview, train, and provide work direction to student workers
- Associate's degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent in the subject area of assignment
- One year of experience assisting students or teaching the subject of the assignment to adults either at the community college or adult education level
- Experience with computers, and computer assisted instruction in the use of word processing programs
- One year of experience working in the area assigned
This position requires the following documents to be attached to your online application in order to be considered:
- Current Resume
- Transcripts showing required degree and coursework must be submitted. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted only during the application process. Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application.
Please note: All required documentation must be attached to the online application by the applicant.
Additional documents not requested in the announcement, will not be reviewed. Those applicants deemed best qualified will be invited to the college for an interview.
Applications with incomplete information (i.e. statements such as - see resume) or missing documents will not be considered. If you have additional questions please call 818-240- 1000 ext. 5921.
All completed applications and application materials will be screened to ensure that the minimum requirements stated in the job announcement are met. Those candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be invited to the college for an examination. All candidates will be notified by e-mail of their final disposition in the selection process.
About the College
Glendale Community College (GCC) is nestled in the foothills of the San Rafael Mountains, centrally located at the intersection of three major freeways, just ten miles from downtown Los Angeles. Glendale is affectionately known as Jewel City, one of the fastest growing communities in the Southern California region. A vibrant hub of economic activity and cultural diversity; it is an exciting place to work and live!
GCC is recognized throughout the state as a model of shared governance and collegiality. Known for excellence and rigor, we have one of the highest transfer rates to the UC system and other California four-year colleges. Additionally, the college offers a broad range of vocational programs and takes pride in providing outstanding student services and curriculum to help prepare students for success in the 21st Century.
GCC is committed to maintaining an environment which provides opportunities to individuals with a wide variety of talents, experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. We believe in the importance of diversity amongst our faculty, staff, and student population to better serve the college and surrounding communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Glendale Community College District provides all applicants for district employment with equal employment opportunities and provides present employees with training, compensation, promotion, and all other attributes of employment without regard to a person's race, religious creed, color, age, sex, national origin, veterans'; status, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, medical condition, gender identity or disability.
Applicants who require a reasonable accommodation for the application, testing or interviewing processes should contact the Human Resources Department at the time of application submission.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with Glendale Community College.
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Anita Quinonez Gabrielian, Dr. Armine G. Hacopian, Dr. Vahe Peroomian, Ann H. Ransford and Anthony P. Tartaglia
CALIFORNIA COMMUNITY COLLEGES: THE WAY CALIFORNIA WORKS
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT:
1500 N. Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208
818-240- 1000 x5921
Instructional Lab Technician Temporary-Studio Arts Supplemental Questionnaire
* 1. I have attached my resume. If you have not, please return to your application and attach your resume.
* 2. I have attached my transcripts. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted only during the application process. Official transcripts are required upon offer of employment. Foreign transcripts and degrees require official certification of equivalency to U.S. transcripts and degrees by a certified U.S. review service at the time of application. If you have not attached your transcripts, please return to your application.
* 3. I understand that my application will be considered incomplete if all required sections of the application are not completed and/or if any documents that are required are not attached to my online application by the closing date.
* 4. I have completed all sections of the application including references. (Statements such as "see resume"; will not be acceptable.)
* Required Question