The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Artist Liaison Position
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, The Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Colburn Dance Academy.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Summary of position: The Artist Liaison is responsible for servicing guest artists and student performers on and off campus. The artist liaison also performs administrative duties in support of the Artistic Administration and Career Development Department, which includes the following areas: Colburn Artists and Artistic Administration.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Under the guidance of the Manager, Artistic Administration and Career Development, service the Artist in Residence and all guest artists appearing on campus for series concerts such as CO, CCMS, and for special projects and master classes (i.e. book hotels, ground transportation, flights as needed; assemble and finalize residency itineraries; greet and tend to the needs of guest artists while on campus, etc.).
- Under the guidance of the Director, Artistic Administration and Career Development, service all Colburn Artists’ individual engagements off campus (i.e. execute contracts with presenters; guide students to book their own flights and advocate and confirm all of their needs with presenter; confirm all itinerary elements with presenter and student; assemble itinerary for student).
- Service all student performances for Colburn @ Soka series, individual engagements at Cerritos (“What Makes it Great” series), and any project that sends students off campus individually or in small ensembles to a VIP or professional concert performance setting.
- Generate travel reimbursements and honoraria payments for all contracted guest artists.
- Track payments of fees and travel reimbursements to Colburn Artists from presenters. Maintain department documents concerning all Colburn Artist and other student performances.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties in support of the department.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- A bachelor’s degree in Classical Music, Arts Management, or related field. Combined experience/education may be substituted for minimum education.
- Two years of experience working with arts and/or music presenting organization and/or artist managers.
- Administrative experience supporting a fast-paced environment and/or event logistics required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with very diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work a flexible schedule including some nights and weekends.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with great attention to details.
- Excellent computer skills.
Other skills, abilities and requirements:
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and anticipate the needs of others.
- Strong customer service skills, pleasant and professional even when under pressure or fatigued
- Consistent work habits
- Good team skills, with ability to act independently
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends
- Driver’s license and ability to travel to off-site locations when needed.
Excellent salary and benefits.