Los Angeles, CA
We're sitting right on top of one of the most remarkable gems in the city — a delicately restored, 1,600-seat movie palace from the 1920s with a three-story, 2,300 square foot grand lobby, an ornate open balcony and mezzanine and a vaulted ceiling with thousands of tiny mirrors that glimmer when lit. The Theatre at Ace Hotel is the literal foundation of Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles.
Our loving reanimation of the former flagship movie house of United Artists, The Theatre serves Los Angeles' burgeoning epicenter for art and modern entertainment with a prime setting for a wide array of events — from large-scale concerts to movie premieres, conferences, seminars, symposiums and other performances. Retrofitted with a state-of-the-art digital projection system and cinema sound, an independent, ultramodern live sound system, plus an elaborate contemporary stage lighting system, the Theatre can take on whatever fits within the confines of its dazzling proscenium — a much-need bridge to the exciting future of Downtown Los Angeles.
Job Description:Theatre General Manager Job Posting Copy:
You: Future Theatre Director. As in, you want to move the definition of what a theatre can be into an unforeseen future cosmic place. You're detail-oriented with a penchant for art and the untrodden avenues of creative cityscapes. Duties include: helming the ship, budget stuff, scheduling, negotiating, reviewing estimates and settlements, programming initiatives and making new friends but keeping the old. Dance skills a plus.
Some essential duties responsibilities and some qualifications; other duties may be assigned and (full Job Description available upon interview):
- Develop and supervise daily operations, planning and special events at theater working closely with the Theatre Team, Ace DTLA Team, Atelier, programming and production teams, and other staff, overseeing the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization.
- Develop the overall concept of programming structure and priorities, and manage all creative aspects of programming and area development, including supplements to programming, product and services departments, merchandising and film production, working closely with Production Manager.
- Develop and maintain agent, artist, and management and staff relationships.
- Develop the marketing plans of the various areas of the theater and continue to manage all aspects. Establish a marketing budget, work with Atelier to develop marketing materials, advertising placement, website development and maintenance and newsletter maintenance. Measure effectiveness of marketing activities (program tracking).
- Manage personnel (recruiting, hiring, training, supervision, evaluation, termination) and oversee the implementation of HR policies, procedures, and practices including developing job descriptions for all staff.
- Develop annual budget with General Manager & Controller for Atelier approval including necessary revisions. Handle engagement budgets that exceed $100K per night.
- Establishes a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Pursue sponsorship partners for new and potential annual sponsorships as well as direct tie-ins with programming and in-house productions.
- Oversees P&L / budget / and prepares Pace reports and projections for Theatre
- Works closely with all departments to facilitate and execute public and private event SOP’s
- Work with Cultural Engineer & Atelier to build a strategy for 50 / 50 co presented shows.
- Demonstrated history of 5 years or more in the professional performing arts, from an operations background with a focus on artist and patron experience and excellent staff leadership.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment.
- A high level of interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with staff, agents, venues, artists and managers.
- Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, while using discretion in decision making and sound judgment in problem solving.
Us: The Theatre at Ace Hotel Downtown Los Angeles. Say hi: firstname.lastname@example.org and learn more about our organization!Competitive benefits and salary negotiable.