The Center for the Arts at Pepperdine University invites applications for a full-time Theatre Operations Manager. Pepperdine University is a private Christian university in Malibu, California where “students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership.” The Lisa Smith Wengler Center for the Arts at Pepperdine University includes the 450-seat Smothers Theatre, the 118-seat Raitt Recital Hall, the 100-seat Lindhurst Theatre, and the Frederick R. Weisman Museum of Art.
For more information on the Center for the Arts, please visit: http://arts.pepperdine.edu.
- Represent Pepperdine University for Center for the Arts events, Fine Arts productions, and community/rental events
- House Manage or supervise student house managers at Center for the Arts presentations, rental events, fine arts productions, internal and external rental events, and other events as needed
- Supervise Box Office and Patron Communications Manager, student House Managers, and Front of House student workers.
- Handle customer problems and complaints when necessary
- Supervise accommodation of guest artists, including transportation, lodging, and catering
- College degree required; BA in Theatre or equivalent preferred
- 2-3 years of house management, retail management, or similar experience required, including familiarity with professional theatre protocol
- Must be able to work long hours for an extended period of consecutive days
- Willingness and ability to support Pepperdine University’s Christian mission and dedication to value-centered education
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy environment while maintaining a customer-service attitude and a sense of humor
To apply, visit jobs.pepperdine.edu and search for Theatre Operations Manager or job number 494610.