Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Beverly Hills, CA
Under the direction of the Ticket Services Manager this position assists in the day-to- day box office activities associated with selling tickets, ensuring data accuracy and superior customer service. Additionally assists in supervising front line staff to ensure efficiency of work flow.
- Functions as the front/back line lead assisting sales staff to resolve issues and troubleshooting along with the ATSM
- Coordinates all daily and pre-performance sales station setup including assignment of cash drawers, will call, day of show and daily batch ticketing printing
- Posts and maintains ticket inventory for third party vendors, adds and releases seat holds as assigned
- Interfaces with the Ticket Services Manager to promote consistency in data and reporting. Responsible for the production of group sales invoicing, acting as the primary point of contact.
- Assists in scheduling staff providing customer sales to subscribers, donors, single ticket buyers, groups and others
- The Ticket Services Coordinator works closely with the Ticket Services Manager, to execute accurate management of the Tessitura ticketing system with an emphasis on customer data integrity through daily address update reporting and correction
- Coordinates subscription renewal mailing campaigns
- Maintains supplies and orders materials as needed
- Conducts research on customer issues and participates in department initiatives, and performs other duties as assigned
- Answers, screens and directs calls on a multi-line phone system; assists callers, takes messages and/or forwards calls
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing and mailing as required. Other administrative duties include telephoning patrons to resolve queries, updating patron records and various forms of data collection and entry.
- Ensure the highest-quality experience for all patrons. Assist patrons in a polite, friendly and helpful manner, representing the Wallis Annenberg Center to the public, business contacts and visiting companies with cordial professionalism
- Take opportunities to make patrons and customers aware of relevant special offers, other shows and services
- Work as a team with marketing and event staff on scheduled performances, programs and special events
- Assist in the implementation of patron surveys and other marketing campaigns. Any and all other tasks assigned by management for which the employee is qualified and physically able to perform with or without reasonable.
- Complete all duties with a customer service focus through teamwork and dedication to the WACPA principles
- Supervise part-time and seasonal ticket services staff with particular front line responsibilities, serves in rotation with the Ticket Services Manager and Assistant Ticket Services Manager as event MOD
- Able to work calmly under tight deadlines and respond gracefully to high pressure situations, show initiative and plan ahead
- Must communicate effectively and efficiently
- Ability to manage multiple complex job functions
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel required
- Must be able to lift 25-lbs and be able to stand/or sit for extended periods of time and work irregular hours according to performance schedule including evenings and weekends
- Maintain a professional image at all times
- Efficiently organized to accomplish the many facets of the position
- Build strong relationships to provide a productive environment
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients, excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact positively with diverse staff and clientele in a fast-paced environment
- Highly responsive to patrons and customers’ needs
- Maintain a high standard for self and staff as ambassadors for The Wallis
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Post-secondary education – diploma or certificate
- Major course work or related experience in theater arts or related field preferred
- Previous box office, customer service and Tessitura experience and/or intermediate knowledge of computerized ticketing software is required
How to Apply
Please submit resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com with the subject “Ticket Services." Please no phone calls. Salary is competitive with full benefits including health and dental. Start date is immediate.
About The Wallis
Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, California, the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (aka “The Wallis”) brings audiences world-class theater, dance and music, performed by many of the world’s most talented and sought-after artists. With eclectic programming that mirrors the diverse landscape of Los Angeles, and its notability as the entertainment capital of the world, The Wallis offers original and revered works from across the US and around the globe. Housed in a breathtaking 70,000-square- foot venue designed by Zoltan E. Pali, FAIA of Studio Pali Fekete architects, The Wallis celebrates the classic and the modern. This is reflected in the juxtaposition of the restored, original 1933 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places) that serves as the theater’s dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and houses the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater, as well as a theater school for young people, and the contemporary 500-seat, state-of- the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater. Together, these two structures embrace the city’s history and its future, creating a performing arts destination for LA-area visitors and residents alike.