Grand Vision Foundation
San Pedro, CA
Job Title: Venue and Box Office Coordinator
Compensation: Non-exempt, $18-$20/hr
Address: 434 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731
Reports to: Executive Director
The Venue and Box Office Coordinator is responsible for providing office, venue and event support services to the Grand Vision Foundation. This includes daily use of Patron Manager, administrative support, maintaining office and facility, and supporting the E.D. and programs.
Job functions include:
Box Office and Database Coordination (20-25 hrs/wk)
• Answers incoming calls on the office main line. Takes ticket orders over the telephone and in person.
• Verifies ticket orders daily in Patron Manager. Performs ongoing data entry, updates and back-up.
• Prepares physical mailing lists utilizing Patron Manager and carries out mailings. Runs reports frequently.
• Is the front line person to answer phones, greet and direct visitors.
Office Operations (5-10 hrs/wk)
• Supports Executive Director with mailings, photocopies and correspondence as directed.
• Collects and distributes incoming mail, sends out outgoing mail.
• Assists with office systems and installation of new or updated hardware and software.
• Maintains office master calendar and hard copy files as needed
• Anticipates and orders office and cleaning supplies.
Grand Vision/Grand Annex Venue Operations (5-10 hrs/wk)
• Oversees Grand Annex Venue Rental program.
• Regularly reviews premises and tidies up venue, office and kitchen area and directs maintenance crew.
• Coordinates vendors for repairs and improvements.
• Shops for Annex bar and other supplies and maintains merchandise and bar inventory.
• Submits One-Day Liquor Licenses.
Fundraising and Special Events (As needed)
• Maintains special donation programs.
• Coordinates aspects of annual gala fundraiser and other fundraising events as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to solicitation calls, guest registration, volunteer coordination and other duties.
• Four year college degree required. Degree must be from a recognized educational institution.
• Three years of office administration related experience. Strong computer skills required.
• Two years of experience with MS Office.
• Customer Service and good telephone skills required.
• Two years of experience with database/contact management software, Patron Manager or other performing arts software preferred. Self-starter and fast learner on database projects, ability to run reports and solve problems.
• Ability to flex time as required.
• Clear background and criminal record check.
• Requires personal vehicle and insurance.
• Willing and able to lift 20 pounds.
• Basic knowledge of website maintenance and design software a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with up to two references that can speak to your database knowledge with subject line “Venue and Box Office Coordinator Position.” Please no calls.
Grand Vision offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.