ICEF Public Schools
Los Angeles, CA
Position: Visual Arts Teacher
Dates of Assignment: Current-June 2017
Campus: View Park High School
School hours: 7:30 am-4:00 pm
Classes: Intro to Visual Arts, Advanced Art, and AP Art History
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Curriculum Development: The teacher is responsible for implementing an established curriculum and at times developing curriculum in Visual Arts based on individual students developmental capacities and needs. A commitment to diversity must be reflected in the curriculum developed for students. The teacher is also responsible for collaborating with classroom teachers to help integrate Visual Arts with other areas of study as part of our focus on arts integration. Assess student learning on a regular basis. Teacher will submit weekly lesson plans to the Art Instructional Specialist and school site directors every Monday.
- Work with Environment and Materials: The teacher is responsible for designing, organizing and maintaining the room they have been assigned. Arts standards, lesson plans descriptions, and material related to the units covered must be displayed. The teacher is responsible for creating displays of images from art exhibits and showcases throughout the campus including the classroom, halls, and office, and keeping these displays current and labeled.
- Staff: An interest in his/her own professional growth is expected including participation in professional development opportunities either school provided or sought out independently. Each teacher meets in bi-monthly staff meetings and monthly Parent Information Meetings (PIM) after school. Each teacher must also make regular professional contact with the parents/guardians of students in his/her classroom, so as to inform them of relevant matters regarding their child's student achievement that can include parent/teacher conferences.
- Education: BFA/BA in a specific Arts practice (i.e. Communication Arts, Fine Art, Visual Arts, Digital Media) from an accredited college or university or BFA/BA in Arts Education from an accredited college or university
- Current CLEAR California teaching credential with CSET/CTE single subject matter authorization or ROP/LACOE single subject credential in Visual Arts.
- Master's degree a plus
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience, a plus
- Be flexible and able to adapt lesson plans to a changing student population throughout the year.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully design, teach, and maintain curriculum, syllabi, and lesson plans
- Demonstrated Visual Arts skillsets necessary
- Ability to work collaboratively and an interest in an interdisciplinary approach to education
- Solid knowledge of subject matter, including California State Standards and subject-specific frameworks and assessments
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Commitment to excellence and equity
- Desire to teach in an urban school environment
- Confident in managing student behavior, strong classroom management
- Able to take direction, work as part of a team, and be a strong advocate and champion of the arts at assigned school site among parents, staff, administration, students, and community stakeholders
Salary & Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Full Health Benefits for this position.
Please apply online and review the complete job description at https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/870648
Please direct all inquiries to Mr. Wheeler at firstname.lastname@example.org