Los Angeles, CA
Title: Weekend Art/Tinkering Facilitator
PT: 1-2 days/week at reDiscover Center, 12958 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90066
reDiscover Center seeks a friendly, dynamic artist/tinkerer/educator to facilitate art and tinkering programs for children ages 7-12 at our Venice location and drop-in art activities for all ages. reDiscover provides tinkering and creative reuse art activities using our curated recycled materials, from bottle caps to scrap mylar to full sheets of plywood. As a Weekend Facilitator, you will maintain a safe tinkering environment, provide support to participating children, be the public face of reDiscover to visiting families, and be a part of reDiscover’s general operations. Shifts available Saturday and Sunday 10:30 AM-5:30 PM. Weekend Facilitators are eligible to cross-train to provide after school and camp programming.
- Facilitate artmaking and tinkering for children ages 3-12 and their families using creative reuse materials.
- Facilitate private and scheduled classes on art and tinkering.
- Represent reDiscover Center to the public following reDiscover’s procedures and protocols with politeness, friendliness, and customer service excellence.
- Organize creative reuse materials - includes restocking, sorting, cleaning, and weeding.
- Demonstrate safe and proper tool use, from scissors to band saw.
- Oversee participants’ adherence to tool safety protocols.
- Greet visitors - explain reDiscover programs. Advertise upcoming reDiscover programs including camps, classes, and festivals.
- Maintain reDiscover workshop spaces following daily and periodic cleaning and maintenance schedules.
- Orient and supervise volunteers.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
$15-20/hr dependent on relevant expertise.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are
Good with tools and
Good with kids and
Punctual, independent, and responsible
we want to talk with you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and brief note explaining your interest and relevant background.
About reDiscover Center
Founded in 2004, reDiscover is Los Angeles’ premier organization for creativity education using recycled materials. reDiscover works with local businesses to divert scrap, overstock, and other materials from the trash stream and use them in art, environmental education, and tinkering programs. With “rediscovered” materials at the core of its programs, reDiscover offers School Services, Tinkering School LA camps, daily drop-in activities at the reDiscover Center in Venice, and booked workshops to children ages 3-18 and adults. reDiscover works with community partners, notably schools, libraries, and non-profits throughout Los Angeles to bring facilitated self-directed art, sustainability, and tinkering education to over 8,000 children per year.