Los Angeles, CA
DIAVOLO | Architecture In Motion (“DIAVOLO”) seeks a creative, energetic, and organized Administrative Assistant to join the team. We are looking for an experienced individual to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. The ideal candidate will provide support to managers, employees and company dancers, as well as assist in daily office needs and marketing initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage Artistic Director’s calendar, appointments and email accounts
- Maintain and organize the company’s media collateral including photos, designs, and videos
- Write and edit tour programs and collaborate with company agent in support of upcoming season
- Coordinate social media accounts and write/design e-newsletter messages
- Manage phone and email correspondences
- Collaborate with staff in planning local events and provide front-of-house duties as needed
- Update website content and provide support in creative research
- Order office supplies and schedule studio maintenance
- Perform additional tasks as directed on an as-needed basis
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 1-2 years of office experience preferably in an arts organization setting
- Excellent written communication skills, including grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Suite
- Tech savvy and must own personal car
- Knowledge of design programs such as Photoshop and Final Cut Pro is preferred
- Appreciation for dance and other arts related disciplines
Work Schedule: This is a 6-month temporary part-time position (approximately 20 hours per week) with the opportunity of going full-time in the future. Work schedule is determined in advance and includes some evenings, early mornings and weekends.
Location: DIAVOLO is located in the Brewery Arts Complex, just northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
Application: Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, send resume and cover letter to Emma Rothschild at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
About the Company: DIAVOLO is a world-renowned modern dance company based in Los Angeles that uses the power of dance to explore the relationship between the human body and its architectural environment. DIAVOLO has performed extensively locally as well as throughout the U.S., Europe, Asia and Latin America. Throughout its 25-year history, DIAVOLO has transformed the lives of over half a million concertgoers, dancers, teaching artists and students worldwide as well as millions more on syndicated national television such as NBC’s America’s Got Talent (U.S., 2017), Le Plus Grand Cabaret du Monde’s (France, 2017), and Helene Fischer’s Show (Germany, 2017).