Grand Vision Foundation
San Pedro, CA
Grand Vision Foundation
434 W 6th St San Pedro, CA 90731
Job Title: Administrative Assistant & Venue/Box Office Coordinator
Job Type: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Organization
Grand Vision Foundation is a non-profit arts presenting organization located in the heart of the growing San Pedro Waterfront Arts District, a 15-minute drive from Long Beach and 35 minutes from DTLA. Grand Vision’s mission is to inspire and engage the diverse Los Angeles Harbor/South Bay community through culturally inclusive arts and educational experiences centered on the historic Warner Grand Theatre (WGT) and the Grand Annex in downtown San Pedro, CA.
Founded in 1996, Grand Vision Foundation (GVF) is an arts presenting non-profit organization. GVF operates the Grand Annex, a 150-seat cabaret music venue and Meet the Music, an in-school music education curriculum for 4th & 5th graders who attend underserved schools in the Los Angeles Harbor Area. GVF is also known for saving and rehabilitating the historic art deco Warner Grand Theatre.
The Administrative Assistant & Venue/Box Office Coordinator is responsible for providing office, venue and event support services to the Grand Vision Foundation as well as support for the Executive Director. This includes daily use of Patron Manager, administrative duties, maintaining office and facility, and supporting the E.D. and programs. Job functions include:
Box Office and Database Coordination (20-25 hrs/wk)
- Is the front line person to answer phones, greet and direct visitors.
- Is the primary person to take ticket orders over the telephone and in person.
- Verifies ticket orders daily in Patron Manager. Performs ongoing data entry, updates and back-up.
- Prepares physical mailing lists utilizing Patron Manager and carries out mailings.
Office Operations (5-10 hrs/wk)
- Assists Executive Director with day-to-day organization, mailings and correspondence as directed.
- Collects and distributes incoming mail, sends out outgoing mail.
- Assists with office systems and installation of new or updated hardware and software.
- Maintains office master calendar and hard copy files as needed
- Coordinates vendors for repairs and improvements and directs maintenance crews.
- Anticipates and orders office and cleaning supplies.
- Assists with monthly Board meeting preparation.
- Coordinates, fulfills, and ships merchandise sales.
- Supervises office staff in absence of senior management (ED, AD or Education Director).
- Maintains office records archives.
Grand Vision/Grand Annex Venue Operations (5-10 hrs/wk)
- Supports Artistic Director with Grand Annex concert set-up.
- Provides support for the Grand Annex Venue Rental program.
- Regularly reviews premises and tidies up venue, office and kitchen areas.
- Shops for Annex bar and other supplies and maintains merchandise and bar inventory.
- Submits One-Day Liquor Licenses.
Fundraising and Special Events (As needed)
- Coordinates aspects of fundraising events as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to solicitation of prizes, guest registration, sponsorships, support for ED, data input, correspondence, volunteer coordination, break room coordination, and other duties.
- Assists with Membership program and associated mailings
- Compiles special event mailing lists and carries out mailings.
What to Expect
- Employee would ideally work 8:30 am - 5:30 pm (hour lunch) in our office at 434 W. 6th St San Pedro, CA 90731. Some night and weekend work will be required, adjusting day-hours accordingly.
- A fast-paced, collaborative work environment
- A high level of contact with senior staff, especially the Executive Director & Grand Annex Manager.
- Four year college degree required. Degree must be from a recognized educational institution.
- Three years of office administration or related experience. Strong computer skills required.
- Capable of composing professional business letters.
- Two years of experience with MS Office.
- Customer Service and good telephone skills required.
- Self-starter and fast learner on database projects, ability to run reports and solve problems.
- Experience with database management and/or contact management software, especially Salesforce or Patron Manager highly desired.
- Ability to flex time as required.
- Clear criminal background check.
- Requires personal vehicle and insurance.
- Willing and able to lift 20 pounds.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with two references that can speak to your office and organizational skills with subject line “Administrative/Venue & Box Office Coordinator.” Please no calls.
Grand Vision offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.