Skirball Cultural Center
Los Angeles, CA
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks qualified candidates for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Programs department. The Programs department produces cultural programs for adult audiences, including music, film, lectures, literary programs, dance, and theater, to explore mission-related themes and achieve goals of high audience engagement, community building, cross-generational exchange, and cross-cultural respect and appreciation. The Administrative Assistant supports a department of six in all aspects of producing programs. The position is central to ensuring smooth coordination between Programs and Education and Visitor Experience, Operations, Hospitality and Private Events, and other Skirball departments.
This non-exempt position reports to the Assistant Director of Programs. The position is full-time, Monday–Friday.
- Monitor expenses to department budget; process invoices and check requests; maintain petty cash; generate monthly expense report.
- Prepare a wide variety of routine correspondence, forms, reports, mailing and other lists.
- Gather and organize information and materials for presentation to others; prepare documents and reports; provide information to the public and within the Skirball.
- Create, maintain, and update department database and files.
- Draft, edit, and compile copy for publication in promotional materials.
- Coordinate and actively participate in staff meetings: prepare agenda, take notes, prepare, and distribute minutes.
- Organize and coordinate planning meetings and training sessions.
- Maintain calendars, schedule program/department and supervisor appointments as directed; update calendar and ensure appropriate parties are informed.
- Act as department receptionist; meet, greet, and escort visitors; respond to telephone calls and assist callers as able; check and respond to emails.
- Supervise the receipt and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, etc.
- Order and store office supplies; coordinate maintenance, repair, or replacement of office equipment.
- Coordinate travel arrangements and associated expenses for Skirball staff as well as artist travel and accommodations.
- Assist in the administration and operation of programs and special events.
- Occasional weekend or evening availability.
- Experience in an administrative support role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, deadlines, and follow-through
- Ability to exercise good judgment and manage a changing and varied workload
- Team player with excellent people skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook, as well as Internet research
- Able to multitask and work flexibly in a fast-paced environment
- College degree preferred
- Interest in cultural arts production
The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, criminal history in accordance with the law, or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding community.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to:
Administrative Assistant, Programs
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX (310) 440-4595