The Underground Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The Underground Museum seeks an Administrative Coordinator, responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical tasks, including responding to a high volume of correspondence, coordinating meetings, and developing and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The successful candidate will have previous experience in administrative positions, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and excellent interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of staff, external collaborators and museum guests.
• Provide administrative support to the President, Director and Board Treasurer.
• Answer phones and direct messages to the appropriate staff members.
• Schedule and coordinate meetings; take detailed meeting notes.
• Write and distribute emails, correspondence memos, and letters.
• Develop and maintain filing systems for various museum functions.
• Maintain office equipment and office supply purchases.
• Organize and facilitate workflow between museum staff and various external collaborators.
• Works with Museum President and Director to create annual UM Holiday Gift for museum supporters.
• Oversees maintenance of stock, displays, signs, and inventory system.
• Performs physical inventory checks
• Maintain clear and organized files for bookstore orders and consignment agreements.
• Works with museum staff to complete daily cash reconciliations.
• Organize and manage new membership database system.
• Send donor follow-up correspondence as requested.
• Manage office, kitchen and bathroom supplies and inventory.
• Maintain overall appearance and tidiness of general Museum spaces, bookstore, kitchen, office, and stockroom areas.
• Book and oversee monthly cleaning crew; coordinate with museum’s Events Manager on extra cleaning dates as needed.
• Occasionally stationed at the museum’s front desk.
• Serve as first contact for all museum visitors.
• Inform visitors about exhibitions, events and volunteer opportunities as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Experience as an administrative assistant required.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
• Solid working knowledge of MS Office (MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular).
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• High school diploma required, BA preferred.
• The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Director, and work closely with the museum’s President and Board Treasurer.
• Time commitment is 5 days per week on site. Candidate must be able to work evenings and weekends as required for events and programs.
• Compensation based on experience.
• This is an independent contractor position. Health, retirement, and company benefits are not included.
Please send cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line "ADMINISTRATIVE COORDINATOR."
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: NOVEMBER 9, 2018