Center Theatre Group
Los Angeles, CA
POSITION TITLE: Communications Coordinator
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Associate Editorial Director
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience
BENEFIT STATUS: Eligible
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Center Theatre Group is one of the largest, most influential theatre companies in the country by virtually every measure. Over the past 50 years, it has entertained millions of audience members and produced some of the most important shows of our time, many of which have been World premieres and have gone on to award-winning Broadway runs and beyond. As Center Theatre Group enters its next 50 years, it is uniquely positioned to expand the impact of its work with audiences, community, and artists—while making Los Angeles a global destination for theatre lovers and creators alike.
The Communications Coordinator will support the Center Theatre Group Communications team in their efforts to drive engagement, retention, and awareness for the organization across multiple platforms, including show programs, e-blasts, newsletters, and social media content. They will provide general assistance, coordination, scheduling, and organization for the department, which oversees content creation, digital and social media, as well as publicity. They will be responsible for helping keep projects on track, helping generate story and content ideas, editing and proofreading internal and external content, building e-blasts, and assisting in the creation and scheduling of social media content. Strong writing/editing skills and HTML experience required.
- Manage the Communications department editorial calendar and keep projects on schedule, liaising with staff members across the company regarding assets and timelines.
- Assist in the writing, editing, and proofreading of content for all publications (print/digital) including, but not limited to, Performances Magazine (the program that is distributed at all of our theatres), quarterly newsletter, Center Theatre Group’s blog, e-blasts, social media posts, marketing materials, and various cross-departmental projects.
- Build and schedule e-blasts and update the Center Theatre Group blog and website with new content.
- Assist with additional copywriting, proofing, and updating copy as needed.
- Assist in the creation of compelling, highly shareable content for social media channels that enhances campaign performance, builds brand awareness, and leverages brand advocates.
- Coordinate project management software workflow.
- Work as a liaison with departments across the company, including Education, Institutional Advancement, and Marketing to ensure their communications needs are being met.
- Ensure that all printed materials are accurate and clear, and adhere to Center Theatre Group style, including but not limited to letters, proposals, invitations, mailing lists, reports, etc.
- Evidence of good work habits including but not limited to being on time, following Center Theatre Group workplace policies, arriving prepared for meetings and events, being responsive and following through on all supervisor and staff requests.
- Working occasional evenings and weekends to assist with Opening Night activities, potential video shoots, etc.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
- Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Ability to write and edit concisely and convincingly.
- Experience and knowledge of marketing fundamentals.
- Outstanding interpersonal, organization, and communication skills.
- HTML and CMS experience.
- Experience with various computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Adobe InDesign.
- Experience with social media and best practices.
- Minimum requirements: Essential functions and abilities
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in communications, marketing, or journalism.
- Understanding of non-profit arts institutions.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have own transportation to attend meetings and events off site.
- Must be able to easily travel to, within and around a variety of locations, both interior and exterior for meetings, events and other job-related activities.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively in a real-time medium.
Education, Experience and Licensing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
All employees are required to pass a background check.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: CTGjobs@CTGLA.org
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.