Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts
Los Angeles, CA
The mission of the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts (“The Wallis”) is to create, present, and celebrate unique performing arts events and educational programs that reflect the rich cultural diversity of our community. The Wallis is a breathtaking 70,000-square-foot performing arts destination that celebrates the classic and the modern. The building features the restored, original 1933 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places) that serves as the theater's dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and houses the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater, GRoW at The Wallis: A Space for Arts Education and the contemporary 500-seat, state-of-the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater.
Since opening its doors in October 2013, The Wallis has produced or presented more than 150 dance, theatre, opera, classical music and family programs. The Wallis brings audiences world-class theater, dance and music, performed by many of the world's most talented and sought-after artists. Featuring eclectic programming that mirrors the diverse landscape of Los Angeles and its notability as the entertainment capital of the world, The Wallis offers original and revered works from across the U.S. and around the globe. To learn more about us, please visit our website at: http://thewallis.org/
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direction of the General Manager this full-time position assists in coordinating the day-to-day box office activities associated with selling tickets, ensuringdata accuracy, and superior customer service. Additionally assists in supervising front line staff to ensure efficiency of work flow.
If you are forward thinking, committed, innovative, motivated and resourceful with a passion for the arts, and thrive in a fast passed environment then this is the opportunity for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Functions as a front and back line lead by assisting the Ticket Services Associate staff with resolving issues and troubleshooting.
- Coordinates daily and pre-performance sales station setup, will call, day of show, and daily ticket batch printing.
- Posts, maintains, adds, or releases ticket inventory and/or seat holds for third party vendors and The Wallis staff as needed.
- Assists patrons, subscribers, donors, single ticket buyers, groups and others with the purchasing of tickets and subscriptions via phone, mail and online.
- The Ticket Services Coordinator works closely with the General Manager to execute accurate management of the Tessitura ticketing system, ensuring the integrity of thecustomer data through daily updates, reporting, and corrections.
- Coordinates subscription renewal mailing campaigns.
- Maintains supplies and orders materials as needed.
- Conducts research on customer service issues, participates in department initiatives, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, emailing, and mailing as required. Other administrative duties include telephoningpatrons to resolve queries, updating patron records, and various forms of data collection and entry.
- Assists in supervising part-time ticket services staff with particular front line responsibilities.
- Serves in rotation with the Assistant Ticket Services Manager and other Ticket Services Coordinators as event Supervisor on Duty.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- 1-2 years previous box office, customer service and Tessitura experience and/or intermediate knowledge of computerized ticketing software are strongly preferred.
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, guests and clients, and the ability to interact positively with diverse groups in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work calmly under tight deadlines and respond gracefully to high pressure situations; show initiative and plan ahead.
- Must be able to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal are required.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office with particular proficiency in Excel.
- The Wallis provides a dynamic working environment, one in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of duties.
- Must be a self-starter and able to handle a multitude of situations and challenges on a day-to-day basis along with managing multiple large scale tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to physically type and concentrate for long periods for accurate data entry into a computerized CRM system.
- Hours will include evenings, weekends and holidays as production schedules require.
- Post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) and/or major course work or related experience in theater arts or related field is strongly preferred.
This is a full-time position with 100% paid medical benefits, including dental, vision and life insurance ($25,000) for the employee, paid vacation, personal and sick days, 401k and paid parking. Complimentary tickets are occasionally available for some events or productions at The Wallis.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email resume and three references to [email protected] and include Ticket Services Coordinator in the subject line. No phone calls please.
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and encourages applicants of any age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or gender.