Made possible by the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program
PEN America Los Angeles offers a remote internship that will provide experience in the administration, research, and curation of digital literary and human rights programming. Working closely with the Los Angeles staff, the intern will also support PEN America’s longstanding Emerging Voices Fellowship, a literary mentorship based in Los Angeles that aims to provide new and underrepresented writers with the tools, skills, and knowledge needed to launch a professional writing career. The position will work approximately 32 hours a week from June through August.
- Excellent communication, writing, research, and copyediting skills
- Demonstrated capability to work both independently as well as in a group; to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and adhere to deadlines
- Willing to manage a range of administrative tasks, such as data entry
- Ability to create original digital media content and promotional materials
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, and social media; experience with WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite is strongly preferred
- Interest in free expression, literature, cultural programming, human rights, nonprofit sector, and/or advocacy
Please email a cover letter (one-page maximum) and resume to Jenn Dees, Los Angeles Program Manager, at [email protected] with the subject line “PEN America Emerging Voices Internship – LACAC.” Applications are due by September 30, 2021.
PEN America is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its hiring practices, and in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool.
No phone calls, please.
ABOUT PEN AMERICA:
PEN America stands at the intersection of literature and human rights to protect free expression in the United States and worldwide. We champion the freedom to write, recognizing the power of the word to transform the world. Our mission is to unite writers and their allies to celebrate creative expression and defend the liberties that make it possible.
$6000 for 400 hours. To be eligible, candidates must be residing or enrolled in Los Angeles County.