The J. Paul Getty Museum
Los Angeles, CA
The J. Paul Getty Museum seeks a qualified Administrative Assistant to support the office of the Associate Director for Collections. Reporting to the Associate Director for Collections, the Administrative Assistant manages day-to-day tasks for the Associate Director to include budgeting and financial reporting, scheduling meetings, travel, and managing communications with internal and external colleagues and vendors. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant will work closely with support staff for other Museum senior staff and leadership across the Getty Trust. Work will involve significant confidential material, complex travel and scheduling requirements, and will require discretion, diplomacy and tact.
Effective communication skills are required for the position. Ability to be adept with standard industry systems and applications including Outlook; Microsoft Office 2013 (Excel; Word, PowerPoint); Adobe Acrobat. Experience with PeopleSoft Financials a plus.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through the Associate Director’s office. Serves as resource on Getty policies and procedures, and resolves moderate to complex organizational issues within the Collections office environment.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents, forms, and related materials. Includes correspondence involving high‐level officials inside and outside the organization.
- Maintains the Associate Director’s calendar and accepts or declines commitments on his behalf.
- Makes travel arrangements for the Associate Director and for the Collections team as needed.
- Prepares expense reports in accordance with Getty Business and Expense policy and procedures.
- Coordinates Department public relations functions, as assigned, such as special events, workshops etc. Arranges with external vendors for sites, facilities, catering, etc. Coordinates production and distribution of communications materials relating to the work of the Department, such as forward look exhibitions schedules and associated written/ pictorial materials.
- Assists in the administration of contracts and procurement documentation. Includes drafting letters of invitation, scope of services and agreements with partners, vendors and outside institutions.
- Monitors Department budgets, prepares and submits reports. Interacts with Procurement and Finance Departments to provide information and resolve issues.
- Prepares Department budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances. Provides projections, as requested.
- Researches and gathers data for department reports. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Responds to inquiries or requests for information from staff and external organizations, or refers to Associate Director, as appropriate.
- Maintains office equipment and purchases.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff and external consultants on department planning and procedures.
- May oversee discreet administrative, technological or infrastructure projects relating to the work of the department.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4-6 years related experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects
- Self-motivated and able to anticipate emerging tasks and work flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to express thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing
- Excellent customer service/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and assign work to others
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and e-mail applications
- Experience managing department and project budgets
- Ability to adapt behavior and work methods, as needed, in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
For further details please visit: https://jobs-getty.icims.com/jobs/3334/administrative-assistant/job