Los Angeles, CA
Conga Kids is a rapidly growing organization that is committed to growing a culture of music and dance in the Los Angeles community and beyond. Their mission is to promote creativity and teach critical interpersonal communication skills fostering respect, teamwork, confidence, and leadership.
This organization is seeking a strategic leader experienced in creating and implementing a strategic plan; development, grants and fundraising; financial management; and staff leadership. The ideal candidate has a background in education and working with underserved communities/youth locally and statewide.
Reporting to the Board chair and CEO, the Managing Director will collaborate with the Artistic Director and Operations team. The Managing Director is expected to lead staff, interface with the Board, oversee all financial matters, manage development and fundraising, actively engage the community, and to realize the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Organization Strategy and Leadership
- Create and implement a strategic plan with a clear vision for the future focusing on fundraising, finance, organizational structure, and operations.
- Oversee the program and operations at Conga Kids ensuring all facets contribute to the mission of the organization adhering to applicable contracts, laws and regulations.
- Support operations and overall administration by serving as a liaison between the Board chair and staff.
- Manage, coach and supervise all staff ensuring best practices and consistency with rules and regulations governing working in the State of California.
- Oversee recruiting, training, coaching and retention of staff fostering a culture of teamwork, clear communication, effective delegation and mutual support.
Development and Fundraising
- Oversee and partner with staff in creating and implementing a development plan with measurable goals and deliverables, including an annual campaign.
- Drive initiative for fundraising with foundations/ grants and corporations and continue existing relationships.
- Initiate individual fundraising campaigns and maintain existing relationships.
- Oversee donor database to ensure proper recording and analysis of data and best practices are being used in stewarding donors.
- Strategize School District Expansion and funding.
Community Relations and Marketing
- Develop strategic alliances with community leaders and local officials to expand the program within and beyond Los Angeles County.
- Oversee marketing strategy that includes the creation of high-quality communications, social media and media/press relations, and stakeholders.
- Serve as a key representative in the community, including the cultivation of donors, funding institutions and government agencies.
- Oversee all financial matters of Conga Kids, including maintaining budgets, approving and reviewing expenditures, and developing financial plans and procedures.
- Work with staff to provide the Board with monthly financial reports and prepare the annual budget for Board review prior to the start of each new fiscal year.
- Ensure compliance on contractual obligations and agreements.
- Lead financial planning, forecasting, and analytical activities, ensuring alignment with vision and strategy.
- A minimum of either 5 years of executive experience in an organization of similar size or 5 years’ experience as a department head or senior staff of an organization of greater size.
- Directly managed a nonprofit or educational organization with an operating budget of at least $1.5M.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff and work harmoniously and openly with senior leadership and a Board.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing a strategic plan with measurable goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing a development plan including foundations/grants, individual giving and an annual campaign.
- Significant experience overseeing financial matters, including contract compliance.
- Previous experience utilizing community outreach/engagement/collaboration that resulted in program expansion.
- Bilingual in Spanish, strongly preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
The Managing Director is a full-time exempt employee. Compensation, including salary and benefits is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Conga Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Envision Consulting was retained by Conga Kids to conduct the search for their incoming Managing Director.
APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/2Jmw29v