California Alliance for Arts Education
The California Alliance for Arts Education seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant who will provide administrative support for the Alliance’s Pasadena office.
The Alliance is in its fourth decade of working to build a brighter future for our state by making the arts a core part of every child’s education. Over its 38-year history, it has advanced its mission to advocate for high quality arts education for all students by providing policy expertise and by mobilizing a statewide network of advocates and allied partners. The Alliance is the only statewide organization that brings together all primary constituencies for arts education, including arts organizations, K-12 teachers, professional teacher associations, state and local education departments, professional development providers, parents and PTAs, and interested community members in higher education and business.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three (3) references as ONE (1) attachment in pdf format via email to email@example.com. Please state “Administrative Assistant Application” in the subject line. No phone calls please. The Alliance values diversity and encourages minorities, women and individuals with disabilities to apply.
To learn more about the organization go to: www.artsed411.org
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support to Alliance staff
- Coordinates logistics and prepares materials for meetings and special events, including board and Policy Council meetings
- Provides research support
- Maintains Smartsheets and Alliance data
- Provides input on and support for ongoing projects such as Student Voices Campaign, Arts Now Campaign, and legislative work
- Represents the California Alliance to the public, works effectively with constituents
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience: 1-2 years of administrative experience preferred. Experience working in arts organizations and/or non-profit organizations a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary organizational, time management, project management, analytic and coordination skills
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through on projects/tasks
- Stellar editing and proofreading skills
- Advanced knowledge using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Macintosh or PC platform required. Experience with Quickbooks, Smartsheet, or graphic design a plus.
- General technological savvy
- Strong online and database research and reporting skills
- Friendly, outgoing professional presence in telephone and face-to-face communication
- Ability to work independently and carry out assignments within stated timeframe
- Flexibility in adapting to the current needs of the organization or project
- Creativity, curiosity, and a good sense of humor
- Experience, involvement, or interest in the arts or arts education a plus
- Experience dealing with the issues and concerns of California’s diverse student population
- Meets or exceeds goals set by staff
- Interacts effectively with staff, contractors, arts education constituency and the community
Compensation: Full-time, non-exempt position. Commensurate with experience.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.