Los Angeles Artist Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles artist studio seeking full-time Studio Assistant for immediate hire.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in processes of oil and acrylic painting/ mixing
- Exceptional color-matching skills
- Capability to quickly learn preparatory processes for mixed media production
- Ability to work efficiently within tight deadlines
- Previous experience with art-related construction (crating, canvas stretching and prep) and construction in general (woodworking, familiarity with power tools)
- Minimum one year of studio, museum, or gallery experience
- Minimum one year commitment
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Studio organization
- Painting preparation
- Painting assistance (oil, acrylic, spray paint)
- Assistance with coordinating/ supervising studio maintenance and cleanliness
- Art handling
The position is Monday - Thursday, 10:00am to 5:00pm. Applicant will occasionally need to work additional hours— must be flexible depending on deadlines. Candidate will report directly to the Artist and Studio Manager.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and references (as attachments) to firstname.lastname@example.org.