The American Contemporary Ballet
Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Studio Assistant
The American Contemporary Ballet (ACB) Studio Assistant will work with the staff to perform the daily operations of the studio, including administrative tasks and production support. This position will build knowledge, experience, and confidence in arts management. The ACB Studio Assistant’s duties vary depending on the needs of the company and production schedule, ranging from running errands to patron engagement. The ideal candidate is able to work under pressure, willing to work outside a 9-5 schedule, and passionate about the arts. The ACB Studio Assistant will work directly under the General Manager. This will be a part-time position, and hours will range from 20-30 hours per week.
• Managing ticketing and arranging seating for performances
• Coordinating and communicating rehearsal schedules through mass email and texts
- Assist in tracking and acknowledging individual donations
• Performing daily office tasks such as filing, answering calls, checking and replying to emails
• Maintaining studio cleanliness and office organization
• Running daily errands and performing tasks assigned by the General Manager, Executive Director, and Artistic Director
• Managing backstage during performances
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of experience working in an office environment, arts experience preferred
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to learn new software and programs needed for the job
- Ability to lift, push, or pull objects up to 35 pounds safely
- Mechanical aptitude
- Licensed driver preferred
- Hours will be determined on a weekly basis with the General Manager.
- 20 to 30 hours per week, Monday through Friday except during production weeks when the Studio Assistant is expected to be available on all performance days.
- During performance weeks, the schedule is variable as there is a required, increased intensity of effort. Depending on the program, you will have day(s) off in the week following a program run.
- Reasonably accessible for correspondence during non-office hours via text.
$12 to $15 per hour
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references (including a contact phone number). Also, please share with us why you are a good fit for American Contemporary Ballet. Email to email@example.com.
About American Contemporary Ballet
American Contemporary Ballet, based in Los Angeles, was founded by choreographer Lincoln Jones and dancer Theresa Farrell to produce original contemporary classical ballets and to present twentieth-century masterworks that established dance as a musical art form. The company's repertory includes works by George Balanchine, Fred Astaire, Lincoln Jones, and reconstructions of the seminal works of ballet's history.
ACB's performances are always danced to live music, which is played by some of LA's finest classical musicians. Our venues seat the audience at stage level, and each program is followed by a reception with the artists and live music. We also provide audiences with an opportunity to connect with ballet intellectually and critically through our Conversations and Dancing School programs.
ACB's performance, rehearsal, and office space is located on the 32nd floor of The Bloc in downtown Los Angeles with 360-degree views of the city.