The Colburn School
Los Angeles, CA
Accounts Receivable Cashier
Located in the heart of downtown Los Angeles, The Colburn School is an internationally recognized leader in performing arts education and is part of the fabric of the Los Angeles cultural community. With a world-renowned faculty, Colburn trains local and international students in four different units: the Colburn Conservatory of Music, the Colburn Community School of Performing Arts, the Colburn Music Academy and the Colburn Dance Academy. The Community Engagement office serves all four units with various programmatic initiatives.
The Colburn School's mission is to provide the highest quality performing arts education at all levels of development in an optimal learning environment.
Summary of position: Responsible for accepting and processing payments for all areas of the School. Calculates discounts and prepares accounting entries. Enters data into excel spreadsheets and accounting software. Provides excellent customer service to students, parents, outside visitors and staff. Full time position, Tuesday - Saturday.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Processes payments for the school including tuition payments for Colburn School of Performing Arts (CSPA), The Trudl Zipper Dance Institute (TZDI), Music Academy, the Conservatory, external renters, donors. Payments include cash, check, credit card and wire transfers.
- Enters payments into the appropriate database, following applicable policies and procedures.
- Assists customers by calculating tuition, setting up payment plans, calculating payment amounts while maintaining a professional and friendly demeanor.
- Responsible for running daily reports and verifying the accuracy of the report information.
- Other duties as may be assigned by any Finance manager.
Associates degree in Accounting preferred. Must have at least 2 years’ experience in bookkeeping or accounting, cash handling, accepting payments and accounts receivable. Ability to work in Excel and with accounting software. Knowledge of general office administrative procedures. Must be able to understand and solve logical mathematical problems. Must be able to work independently, prioritize tasks and be extremely organized. Must be able to professionally interact with a wide variety of individuals.
Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Excellent salary and great benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 403(b) retirement plan and more!
Apply online at: