The Administrative Assistant helps with the overall day-to-day operations by providing a broad range of administrative and clerical tasks. The position requires the ability to conduct various tasks across the organization and staff functions, while facilitating teamwork. Duties include:
- Screening of incoming telephone calls, referring as appropriate to other staff members; greeting and welcoming guests to the Foundation; and assisting with hospitality duties.
- Scheduling of appointments; coordinating meeting logistics and conference registrations; and maintaining individual staff calendars, including the community calendar.
- Preparing and processing correspondence, ensuring documents are of high-quality; coordination of document signing, and filing of documents.
- Assists with booking travel arrangements and organizing itineraries.
- Monitors office supply inventory and re-stocks purchases.
- Assists the Senior Accountant with basic bookkeeping activities, such as organizing and preparing accounts payable, grant payments, and reimbursements for payment processing.
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Foundation’s filing systems, such as accounts payable, compliance, contractors, custodial accounts, grants, taxes, and vendors.
The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director, Finance & Administration.
- Maintains a professional demeanor and possesses a warm and welcoming countenance.
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation, and desire to work in a collegial, team-orientated environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required.
- Possesses a high level of speed and accuracy in word-processing and is skilled with complex document formatting.
- Data entry experience, ideally with GIFTSOnline and QuickBooks.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties; must work well under pressure, balance multiple and competing demands, meet deadlines, and follow tasks through to completion.
- A desire to learn about the Foundation’s work.
- Bachelor’s degree ideally in a field related to the work of the Foundation.
- Two years of administrative support experience in a multi-task, deadline-oriented environment, preferably in a grantmaking, nonprofit or related field.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance as required by the state of California.
- Collegiality and flexibility to work in a shared office space.
- Punctuality and satisfactory attendance are essential functions of the job.
- Requires the ability to sit and work at a desk for several hours at a time.
Please send cover letter and resume by email with the subject line “Administrative Assistant Position” to Thomas Brewer at the following address: [email protected]. No phone calls to the Foundation, please. Applications must be received by no later than June 1, 2018.
The Ralph M. Parsons Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.