Los Angeles, CA
Job Title: Part-time Administrative-Finance Assistant
Reports to: General Manager
Hailed as the “Best Free Outdoor Summer Concert Series” by Los Angeles Magazine and called “a grand gift to the public... democracy in musical action” by the Los Angeles Times, Grand Performances presents high-quality music, dance, theater, and more at the breathtaking California Plaza in the heart of Downtown. For more than 30 years, Grand Performances has delivered the best of global culture to inspire community among the diverse peoples of Los Angeles, and reflect the many cultural interests across the region.
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs some accounts payable duties, including entering invoices into accounting system
- Performs some accounts receivable duties, including preparing monthly invoices for customers
- Follows up on specific past due accounts
- Assists with monthly credit card reconciliation
- Generates standard monthly reports for reconciliation and review
- Enters donations into accounting system
- Supports day-to-day operations of the finance department
- Requests and enters vendor information into accounting database
- Sets up performance season job codes and templates
- In conjunction with Artist Relations Intern, manages artist merchandise sales
- Assists with annual audit, as needed
- Assists with preparing, submitting, and filing paperwork, including record keeping
- General data entry
- Assists with reception area by answering phones, greeting guests, and receiving packages
- Schedules meetings and updates organization-wide calendars
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Word and Excel required, knowledge of QuickBooks a plus
- Excellent phone manner and follow-through
- Ability to work 15-25 hours/week, as needed
- Frequently sits at computer and uses hand and fingers
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the Subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Grand Performances is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff.