George Stern Fine Arts
West Hollywood, CA
Salary: Commensurate upon experience.
Days/Hours: Tuesday-Friday, 10-6, Saturday, 11-6, additional hours will be required as needed for show openings, other events and extra work.
Company Description: Art gallery specializing in important Early California Impressionism, Early Modernism, and American Scene Painting.
- Arranging all shipping of artworks, both incoming and outgoing Gallery inventory.
- Precision documentation on all incoming and outgoing acquisitions (including photographing inventory), sales, and consignments in Spinnsoft database.
- Coordinating exhibition preparations, preparing exhibition checklists, coordinating upcoming exhibitions, and events, etc.
- Gallery advertising including in-house designing of brochures and ads.
- Maintain various gallery websites on a regular basis.
- Press, client and media relations including sending out bi-weekly updates of the gallery through Constant Contact.
- Assist the Director and Owner.
- Maintain client database.
- Art Historical research.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, professional manner.
- Provide general administrative duties: phones, filing, and correspondence
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Knowledge of Art, Art History, or Business with a minor in Art/Art History or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Familiar with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of basic html
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to exercise tact, and deal with confidential matters
Please email resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Subject line: "Registrar"
Attn: Irene Stern