Los Angeles, CA
Advertising Sales Rep
- Los Angeles, CA
- Salary: $10,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
The most exciting contemporary art scene in the world awaits you.
LA's preeminent bi-monthly, glossy contemporary art magazine is seeking an advertising sales rep based in Westside Los Angeles.
This is a unique opportunity to learn about the business of art, become thoroughly knowledgeable with Southern California's galleries and museums, and to create new accounts of your own in industries connected to art. Print and digital advertising are still an essential part of the art world.
If you love art and people, are based on the Westside of Los Angeles, and have an outgoing personality, please send us a short cover letter as to why you are interested in the advertising position, along with your resume.
Sales experience is preferred but not required. Most important is a person that is curious, self-motivated, has a positive attitude, and a great sense of humor. Plenty of perks come with working with this organization.
This role is commission-based, with flexible hours and working from your home.
We provide training, email templates and data. We set you up for success.
You will be working under the magazine’s publisher.
Preferred Start Date: July 8, 2019
- Approximate 2 hours per day for 3 weeks every other month devoted to nurturing accounts.
- Around 3 to 4 times a month every other month, we would like you to visit art centers and galleries in person, "out in the field."
- You are a "people" person. You're comfortable going up to strangers, shaking their hand, and introducing yourself. Calling and writing people you've never met before is no problem for you.
- Solid organization Skills. An ideal sales rep keeps a record of who they have contacted, who to follow up with, and when.
- Good instincts of when to reconnect with advertisers and when to give them space to review proposals.
- Must have a car and be comfortable driving at times to 3 or 4 galleries in a day.
- Must be social and someone who loves talking to people and attending art events.
- Must dress professionally while representing the art magazine while attending art openings of clients and potential clients.
- Smartphone and comfortable with digital, written, and phone communication.
- A creative thinker and a fast-learner.
Please email your resume and short cover letter to: [email protected]