San Diego County Regional Airport Authority
San Diego International Airport was built upon the vision that every team member has a stake in bringing our “Good Feelings, Nonstop” brand to life for every passenger and fellow employee. Here at the Airport Authority, we love San Diego as much as we love flying, and we see our airport as an extension of the always friendly and sunny city we call home. If you are looking for a team that values each other, does great work, and most importantly, has a lot of fun along the way, we invite you to apply today.
The Customer Experience & Innovation department is looking for an Airport Arts Program Manager. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of the Arts Program and will manage, coordinate, and oversee Airport Public Art projects of considerable complexity. The position works with Authority departments, artists, contractors and vendors to facilitate the design, construction, and installation of Airport Public Art. The position requires a true team-player and optimist by nature, who must possess the ability to present positively and be a consensus-builder.
Most immediately, the position will manage six multi-year public art commissions, already contracted, for the Authority’s New Terminal One (NT1) redevelopment program. This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity will require proven experience working with extremely high-caliber artists and high-budget, multi-phase projects. Additionally, the position will facilitate the new “Under the Wing” public art mentorship program, the first of its kind at an airport. A demonstrated track record of continuous good-attitude collaboration to accomplish similar projects, and a solid practice of positivity in the workplace, is required.
In general, the position:
1. Manages, organizes, and administers Airport Public Art projects and contracts; continuously tracks projects to ensure artwork is completed and installed on-time and within budget; researches and recommends Airport Art sites and potential future projects based upon arts master plan.
2. Coordinates project meetings with artists, contractors, and Authority staff; prepares, disseminates, and solicits Requests for Qualifications and Requests for Proposals to announce art project availability; negotiates contractual obligations with artists.
3. Manages processes for community involvement in Airport Public Art projects; manages outreach programs that include community workshops, meetings, and seminars; participates in events, functions and activities associated with building support for Airport Public Art programs; may supervise assigned staff.
This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Project management: Competently determines processes to achieve project strategy; verifies project efficiency and collaboration to ensure timely completion.
- Communication: To proficiently and tactfully exchange and interpret information verbally and in writing, facilitate, persuade and complete presentations.
- Critical Thinking: Critically reviews and translates business requirements, data and information to specify solutions or alternative practice in support of business objectives and strategies.
- Problem-Solving/Agility: Use of effective judgement and self-direction to analyzes situation, factors and collaboratively generate solution, readily adapts behavior or new work methods, evolving and unexpected situations.
- Relationship Management: Builds and maintains relations with stakeholders, identifies and relates information, ideas and problems, champion’s initiatives and ideas based on collaborative solutions.
Experience & Education:
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with major in art, art history, arts administration, business administration, public administration or other closely related field;
- Five years of progressively responsible experience involving the development, management, coordination or administration of civic or community-based arts & culture programs, public or fine arts programs, cultural events management, or arts education programs;
- Equivalent combination of training and experience.
It is the policy of the San Diego County Regional Airport Authority to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, SDCRAA will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Persons with disabilities may be able to perform the essential duties of this class with reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodation will be evaluated on an individual basis and depends, in part, on the specific requirements for the job, the limitations related to disability and the ability of the hiring department to accommodate the limitation.
Apply here by August 30, 2021!
JOB LOCATION San Diego, California, United States
DEPARTMENT Customer Experience & Innovation (21)
POSITION TYPE Full-Time/Regular
SALARY67,570.00 - 87,867.00 USD