A Noise Within
*alert – new title, higher compensation offered!*
ABOUT A NOISE WITHIN
A Noise Within has been called “an oasis for those who love classic stories” by Los Angeles Times and is a leading regional producer based in Pasadena, Calif. ANW’s award-winning resident company is committed to representing the entire community at their state-of-the-art, 324-seat performance space. In addition to producing world-class performances of classic theatre, the organization runs robust education programs with the goal of inspiring diverse audiences of all ages, and a community-centered program – Noise Now – that expands our family by engaging with our neighboring communities and peer organizations.
ANW believes in working hard on our anti-racist practice across the whole organization. By interpreting our mission to fully engage audiences through community and artist-centered work in multiple creative disciplines, ANW is striving to be a theatre that better serves our entire community.
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION
A Noise Within (ANW) seeks a Marketing Associate to oversee marketing campaign execution for the company. The Marketing Associate reports to the Director of Marketing & Communications and is responsible for executing and analyzing subscription and single ticket campaigns. The successful candidate will be comfortable in a highly collaborative and data-driven environment. They will manage and coordinate marketing campaigns for 6 mainstage productions and numerous one-off events generating over $1 million in ticket sales annually, with a subscription base of over 2,000 loyal patrons. As with all staff, the Marketing Associate will also have a role in implementing and contributing to ANW’s Strategic Plan and Anti-Racism Action Plan.
• Manages the execution of single ticket and subscription campaigns, including print, digital, and email advertising.
• Leverages project management tools to ensure timely campaign delivery.
• Ensures website is up-to-date with current content and sales tools, aligned with campaign messaging & initiatives.
• Keeps track of department budgets and invoices.
Marketing Analytics & Audience Research
• Provides Director of Marketing & Communications with reports on key KPIs to track campaign effectiveness.
• Develops reports and tools to measure ROI from marketing activity.
• Acts as project manager for any market research projects regarding audience behavior, attitudes, and demographics.
Marketing Systems Power User
• Leverages AudienceView for effective segmentation, list pulling, and audience tracking.
• Expert on Constant Contact (email system), trains other departments on use of tool.
• Maintains other marketing tools as needed: Google Analytics, project management software, etc.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in marketing or marketing analytics
• Minimum of 1 year of experience at a cultural organization (performing arts, museum, or other visitor attraction)
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• High attention to detail
• Ability to organize complex projects to ensure high quality and timely delivery
• Analytically minded, with an interest in developing effective reporting
• Demonstrates a commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and values, and to an anti-racist work culture
• Enthusiasm to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
COMPENSATION & STRUCTURE:
The position is full time, non-exempt with a salary of $57,500-$62,500 annually depending on experience.
• Reports to: Director of Marketing & Communications
• Key Collaborations: Patron Services Manager, Content & Community Manager
• ANW works on a hybrid structure with at least 3 days present and 2 days remote; evening and weekend work will be required.
• Company-paid HMO (employees may “buy up” to additional offered coverage)
• 11 paid holidays and one floating day
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Company-matched benefit savings plan
• Company-paid life insurance
• Flexible Savings Account option
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by 9/19/22. Please include “Marketing Associate–Candidate Last Name” in the subject line. Please, no follow up calls. We invite candidates to review our anti-racism efforts here: www.anoisewithin.org/equity-diversity-inclusion-at-anw. Candidates of color and from diverse backgrounds strongly encouraged to apply.