The ideal intern will be able to take direction on projects and run with them which requires enthusiasm, clear communication, good time management, and the ability to work well independently. This internship position requires excellent organizational thinking and the ability to quickly learn or take charge of responsibilities. Viver Brasil has a collaborative and hard-working culture, so the ideal intern must be a great team member and work independently.
Other desired qualifications include: interest or background in dance, African Diaspora, Brazilian culture, performing arts, and/or education; excellent writing skills, especially professional writing for marketing materials, social media, e-newsletters, and/or archiving; experience organizational history documentation; proficiency with Google Docs and MS Office, and curiosity and an inquisitive mind. A great sense of humor is a must!
- Working closely with the Executive and Artistic Director of Viver Brasil to develop an infrastructure for organizing historical documents and digitizing images, video and documents.
- The intern will also work closely with the Executive Director, Artistic Director and publicist to develop marketing strategies and copy that will support our education and community engagement programs.
- The ideal candidate must have a passion for the arts, knowledge of Google Apps, research, design, with a working knowledge of Adobe Suite is desirable.
- A background in the performing or dance arts is highly desirable, but not required.
- Interest in Brazilian or African Diaspora dance, music and mythology is also helpful.
- Experience with marketing and social media, good written and oral communication skills, and a desire to work with nonprofit arts organizations.
- We also love to laugh and work hard.
HOW TO APPLY
This internship is unpaid, but students can earn academic credit and will see all aspects of how a lively performing arts organization functions on a daily basis. Viver Brasil’s staff will work with the intern to make this a great internship and gain the kind of experiences that will be most interesting and helpful.
If this seems like an opportunity that interests you, please email our Executive Director, Natalie Marrero, at [email protected] with your cover letter and resume. Please title your email “First Name Last Name, Archive & Marketing Intern”.