L.A. Louver Gallery
Established gallery specializing in contemporary art seeks a part-time Archive Intern for its active library and archive. This position is compensated and offers college credit.
Candidate will assist with processing portions of an extensive historical correspondence collection, utilizing meticulous attention to detail and efficiency.
Tasks may include:
- Processing documents for integration into established archive collection
- Creating and editing database fields in Microsoft Excel
- Performing basic preservation measures pertaining to paper material
- Preparing item and folder lists
Demonstrated experience in an archive or library environment, as well as an interest in contemporary art, would be a plus. Ideal candidate is an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a degree program for Art History or Library and Information Science.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented; excellent research skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds
- Must be able to climb and perform duties on a ten-foot ladder
This is a 12-week, part-time position of 14-21 hours/week, schedule to be determined.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume in PDF format to [email protected].
No calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.