Gander and White
2-4 years’ experience
The primary responsibility of the Art Handling Technician is for the proper handling, packing, collection, delivery and installation, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport to and from different locations. The Art Handling Technician will prepare shipments by packing, crating and proper loading of each piece as necessary in order to ensure safe transport to the final destination while following company policies and best practices. This position reports directly to the Transport Department Manager.
- On time Delivery and Collection of all items to and from clients and vendors.
- Installation/De Installation of artwork, Antiques and High End Furniture and Objects as requested.
- Conduct site visits, onsite surveying for different projects.
- Monitor and maintain and complete the daily schedule as set forth by dispatch department.
- Handle, pack, crate and load artwork, objects and antiques in accordance with Gander & White standards and practices.
- Work closely with Dispatch Department and Account Holders, to ensure jobs are delivered, collected on time and jobs are completed as per the client’s instructions.
- Accurately complete paperwork and ensure that each item, package, crate and items are labeled accurately and appropriately.
- Generate accurate and descriptive condition reports and photo documentation when necessary.
- Help to train new team members.
- Communicate concerns, issues and/or problems with condition reports (condition of items), packing/crating orders, schedules, deadlines, etc. with management and account holders.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment onsite and on company trucks/vehicles.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ personal property and privacy
- 2-4 years’ experience working as an art handler in a gallery or shipping company environment.
- Ability to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable artworks and high end furniture.
- Team Player and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of gallery and museum crating and packing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with art installation techniques.
- Capacity to work comfortably on a truck as well as in a customer focused environment (gallery/museum/corporate office/private residence).
- Above average strength & coordination - capacity to work comfortably on ladders & scaffolding.
- Creativity, flexibility as well as problem solving skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
*Competitive hourly wage with health benefits*
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with salary history/requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.