Gander and White
1-2 years’ experience
The primary responsibility of the Art Handling Technician is for the proper handling, packing, collection, delivery and installation, of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture using the appropriate methods for packaging, loading & securing for safe transport to and from different locations. The Art Handling Technician will prepare shipments by packing, crating and proper loading of each piece as necessary in order to ensure safe transport to the final destination while following company policies and best practices. This position reports directly to the Transport Department Manager.
- Assist and train with crew chief and crew members for the on time Delivery and Collection of all items to and from clients and vendors.
- Assist and train with crew chief and crew members for the Installation/De Installation of artwork, Antiques and High End Furniture and Objects as requested.
- Assist and train with crew chief and crew members for the monitoring, maintaining and completion of the daily schedule as set forth by dispatch department.
- Assist and train with crew chief and crew members for handling, packing, crating and loading of artwork, objects and antiques in accordance with Gander & White standards and practices.
- Work closely with crew members and with Dispatch Department and Account Holders, to ensure jobs are delivered, collected on time and jobs are completed as per the client’s instructions.
- Accurately complete paperwork and ensure that each item, package, crate and items are labeled accurately and appropriately.
- Assist and train with crew chief and crew members to generate accurate and descriptive condition reports and photo documentation when necessary.
- Communicate concerns, issues and/or problems with condition reports (condition of items), packing/crating orders, schedules, deadlines, etc. with management and account holders.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment onsite and on company trucks/vehicles.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ personal property and privacy
- 1-2 years’ experience working as an art handler in a gallery or shipping company environment.
- Ability to learn how to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable artworks and high end furniture.
- Team Player and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn a variety of gallery and museum crating and packing techniques.
- Ability to learn a variety of art installation techniques.
- Capacity to work comfortably on a truck as well as in a customer focused environment (gallery/museum/corporate office/private residence).
- Above average strength & coordination - capacity to work comfortably on ladders & scaffolding.
- Creativity, flexibility as well as problem solving skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
*Competitive hourly wage with health benefits*
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with salary history/requirements and references firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.