Gander and White
Los Angeles, CA
Art Handling Warehouse Technician
The primary responsibility of the Art Handling Technician is for the proper handling, packing, handling in, handling out and storage of art objects, fragile and artistic material, antique and high end furniture, using the appropriate methods within a warehouse environment. The Art Handling Warehouse Technician will also be responsible for documenting, labeling, condition reporting and problem solving while following company policies and best practices. This position reports directly to the Warehouse Department Manager.
- Completion of warehouse onsite work orders on a daily basis.
- Receiving and releasing items.
- Packing and repacking of artwork, Antiques, High End Furniture and Objects as requested.
- Monitor and maintain and complete the daily schedule as set forth by warehouse department manager.
- Handle, pack, crate and load artwork, objects and antiques in accordance with Gander & White standards and practices.
- Work closely with Departments and Account Holders, to ensure jobs are completed on time and jobs are completed as per the Account Holder’s instructions.
- Accurately complete paperwork and ensure that each item, package, crate and items are labeled accurately and appropriately.
- Proper Storage of items.
- Generate accurate and descriptive condition reports and photo documentation when necessary.
- Help to train new team members.
- Communicate concerns, issues and/or problems with condition reports (condition of items), packing/crating orders, schedules, deadlines, etc. with management and account holders.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment onsite and on company trucks/vehicles.
- Maintain confidentiality of clients’ personal property and privacy
- 2-4 years’ experience working as an art handler warehouse technician in a gallery or shipping company environment.
- Ability to efficiently wrap/pack sensitive and valuable artworks and high end furniture.
- Team Player and ability to work well in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of and experience with a variety of gallery and museum crating and packing techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with art installation techniques.
- Capacity to work comfortably on a truck as well as in a customer focused environment (gallery/museum/corporate office/private residence).
- Above average strength & coordination - capacity to work comfortably on ladders & scaffolding.
- Creativity, flexibility as well as problem solving skills and strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
*Competitive hourly wage with health benefits*
For immediate consideration, please submit a resume along with salary history/requirements and references to [email protected]. We will only consider applicants who possess the minimum qualifications specified above.