Gemini G.E.L. LLC
Los Angeles, CA
Preparator / Warehouse assistant at Fine Art Print Shop
Fine art publisher of prints and sculpture seeks full time Preparator to aide in the pulling, packing, and storage of artwork. Job requires strong attention to detail, good organization and installation skills, and a familiarity with Adobe and Microsoft Office. Experience in printmaking preferred.
- Assist with the pulling, packing, and storage of prints and sculpture
- Support shipping coordinator with paperwork and administrative tasks – i.e logging invoices, gathering shipping quotes, and preparing international shipping bills.
- Maintain organization and order of warehouse, provide planning and preparation for storage of artwork. Make internal deliveries & pick-ups between storage warehouse in DTLA and main location in West Hollywood.
- Communicate relevant time and material needed for specific tasks i.e storage solutions for large works, or pieces that need specific or unusual attention.
- Installation and preparation for all on-site exhibitions
- Inspecting artworks, conducting condition checks & completing written reports
- Current CA driver’s license
- Experienced handling, shipping, storage, and installation of fine artworks – including some heavy lifting.
- Highly organized with strong focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of team on multiple projects with a positive attitude.
- Clear and professional written and verbal communication – experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in an art studio, gallery, or museum environment.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Printmaking experience with knowledge of artist’s materials and practices.
- Familiarity with various types of fine art papers.
- Experience using ArtSystems or similar inventory management database.
- Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
Salary commensurate with experience. Health benefits provided.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Please only respond via this email.