Exceptional Children's Foundation Art Centers
Culver City, CA
Artist in Residence Program
The ECF Art Centers Program (Art Centers) began in 1968 to encourage, assist, and support personal artistic development for adults with developmental disabilities.
The Art Centers provide programming five days a week with professional art instructors in studio facilities. Art instruction is offered in a variety of mediums including watercolor, acrylic paint, pen and ink, printmaking, ceramics, mixed media, installation, and sculpture. ECF artists express themselves and build on their innate artistic abilities when attending the Art Center programs.
The Artist in Residence Program is a unique opportunity for emerging and established artists to work in their respective medium, while collaborating with ECF artists and staff, to foster creativity within the program. Artists in Residence are required to provide artistic insight, encouragement, and support to ECF artists each day they work in the studio.
Artists in Residence will have access to an assigned space within the studio during the program hours of 8 am to 4 pm, Monday-Friday. Access includes use of tools and equipment. Art Center Supervisors can help schedule additional studio time if needed beyond the regularly scheduled program hours.
The following are ECF Art Centers Program studio locations:
Downtown Art Center
431 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90013
South LA Art Center
2616 Hobart Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Westside LA Art Center
8710 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
San Pedro Art Center
1125 S. Gaffey St.
San Pedro, CA 90731
- Emailed copy of the completed application. We do not accept hard copies.
- Clear Background check and TB test. (ECF will provide details)
- Artistic quality of submitted artwork. Digital images or Websites will be accepted. We do not accept thumb drives and CDs.
- Project proposals must include detailed and measurable goals and outcomes.
- Statement of Intent
- Professional References
- Email the DAC Gallery with your contact information to schedule a studio tour prior to submitting an application.
- Candidates will take a studio tour; meet ECF instructors, staff, and artists.
- Turn in your application following your studio visit.
- Applications are reviewed quarterly. All applicants will be notified regarding their application. Artists who are not accepted during this round are encouraged to reapply one year after their initial submittal.
- Staff will work with finalists to schedule background check, and TB test.
- Staff will work with finalists to schedule their residency.
Each ECF Art Center has fully equipped ceramics, printmaking, and painting departments. Artists in Residence will be required to supply their own materials. (A small supply budget can be discussed with the Program Supervisor during a studio tour).
Applications should be directed to:
DAC Gallery - ECF Art Centers
For more information, visit: www.ecf.net