Los Angeles, CA
Grand Performances’ mission is to inspire community, celebrate diversity, and unite Los Angeles through free access to global performing arts.
Your summer will be GRAND! Grand Performances is seeking a creative and motivated Artist Relations Intern to be a part of our 2019 program of free performing arts in downtown Los Angeles and around the city. Our Artist Relations Intern is a key member of our programming team focused on artist relations and house and office administration activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Arrange artists’ travel, hospitality and accommodations and general office assistance as needed
- Manage front-of-house duties and merchandise sales, including cash and credit card transactions, reconciliation, disbursement and inventory at the end of events
- Coordinate off-site educational activities, community programs and special events
- Provide event support at post-show Artist Meet & Greets
- Professional correspondence with artists and artist management via letter, phone and email
- Attend weekly Grand Performances' full staff meetings
- Brochure, program and other literature distribution at events
- Participate in and support social media efforts - i.e.: Instagram take-overs, Facebook event updates, tracking Twitter mentions, etc.
- Provide general information and customer service to audience members as needed
- Current undergraduate student
- Must be available to work evening and weekends at performances
- Outgoing individual with a passion for the arts and community building
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, are essential
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Photoshop, InDesign, music and/or video editing programs preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy in cash-handling and merchandise-related areas
- Bilingual and retail experience a plus; good customer service
- Video and photography experience a plus
- Excellent phone manner and follow-through
400 hours between June 1, 2019 - August 25, 2019
Internship positions are open to currently enrolled undergraduate college students who:
- Are currently enrolled as undergraduates, including students enrolled in associate’s degree (community college) programs.
- Are residents of Los Angeles County attending college outside of the region or currently attend college in Los Angeles County.
- Are able to legally work within the United States.
Students who are on track to complete their undergraduate degree, or transfer from a community college to a four-year institution between May 1- September 1, 2019, are also eligible.
The following students are not eligible:
- Students who have already earned a BA, BS or a higher degree.
- Students who have previously participated in the Los Angeles County Arts Internship Program.
How to Apply to Internship
To apply, please include cover letter and resume as attachments in an e-mail with the subject line “Artist Relations Intern” to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. For more information about Grand Performances, visit our website www.grandperformances.org.
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. More than 130 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at over 100 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations throughout Los Angeles County. In addition to their fulltime 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in several educational events as part of the program, which are funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.