Los Angeles, CA
Established artist with highly-active studio seeks full-time Personal Assistant, 4 days per week.
The position requires a dedicated candidate who is extremely hard-working, organized, and personable. Ability to multi-task with attention to detail is mandatory. He or she should also possess good communication and writing skills. College degree not required, but previous experience as a personal assistant is essential, along with good references. Experience in artist studios and knowledge of contemporary art is a plus, but not required. Must be familiar with the LA area, have a car, and have a valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Liaising with studio staff, galleries, vendors, and others as needed.
- Traveling domestically / internationally as needed.
- Organizing and maintaining personal calendar in conjunction with Studio Manager.
- Booking and coordinating travel and accommodations, including liaising with hotels for specific requests.
- Receiving guests and vendors at home, and studio, as needed.
- Overseeing and coordinating home maintenance, including managing vendors related to regular upkeep of home such as cleaners, gardeners, or repair persons.
- Scheduling personal appointments.
- Running daily errands such as groceries, delivering items to various vendors, organizing flower deliveries, and making purchases on Artist’s behalf such as gifts or home supplies.
- Maintaining wardrobe, including overseeing repairs and tailoring, hand-washing, dry-cleaning deliveries, organizing storage, and preparing and packing for travel.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Competitive compensation offered and based on experience. Health insurance benefits available after a waiting period.
This position is full-time, 4 days per week and is located in Los Angeles. Hours will start at 32 per week, but could increase on temporary basis during exhibitions or in the future.
HOW TO APPLY
Please forward CV and a brief cover letter summarizing experience to firstname.lastname@example.org