Beverly Hills, CA
The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts is looking for a talented individual to join the four person Artistic Department as which is responsible for programming all performances and events at the Wallis .
Reports to: Director of Programming
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Providing key assistance to The Wallis’ Artistic Director; managing an active calendar of appointments and meetings; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; assisting with travel and accommodations. Researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming inquiries addressed to the Artistic Director, including those of a sensitive nature. Providing a bridge for excellent communication between the Artistic Department and other Wallis departments; demonstrating leadership to ensure credibility, trust and support with among members of the executive leadership team;
- Assisting the Artistic Department in all aspects of administration; attending and taking notes for all department meetings;
- Attending creative planning sessions related to season programming in Music, Theater, Dance, Special Events and Community Outreach.;
- Coordinating project submissions including new plays; generating and maintaining a comprehensive list of all submitted materials and corresponding with writers/artists and agents in a timely manner.
- Conducting necessary research related to season planning and potential projects for The Wallis;
- Attending live music, theater, dance or other artistic events in Los Angeles on behalf of The Wallis as needed; and
- Helping manage special events or projects on behalf of the Artistic Director and Artistic Department as needed.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly and with excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff, board members, external partners and donors;
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player with ability to also work independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high-performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced working environment;
- Independent thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Background and/or strong interest in the performing arts; and
- Flexibility with ability to switch gears as needed.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
Please send all resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
About The Wallis:
Since opening its doors in October 2013, The Wallis has produced or presented over 100 dance, theatre, opera, classical music and children's programs to an ever expanding audience. Located in the heart of Beverly Hills, California, The Wallis, under the leadership of Artistic Director Paul Crewes, Managing Director Rachel Fine and Board Chairman David C. Bohnett, brings audiences world-class theater, dance and music, performed by many of the world's most talented and sought-after artists. Featuring eclectic programming that mirrors the diverse landscape of Los Angeles and its notability as the entertainment capital of the world, The Wallis offers original and revered works from across the U.S. and around the globe. The mission of The Wallis is to be a vital cultural hub that uses unique arts events and education programming to entertain, enlighten and inspire children and adults in our community and across the nation. Nominated for 26 Ovation Awards, four L.A. Drama Critic's Circle Awards and the recipient of five architectural awards since opening in 2013, The Wallis is a breathtaking 70,000-square-foot venue that celebrates the classic and the modern and was designed by Zoltan E. Pali, FAIA of Studio Pali Fekete architects. The building features the restored, original 1934 Beverly Hills Post Office (on the National Register of Historic Places) that serves as the theater's dramatic yet welcoming lobby, and houses the 150-seat Lovelace Studio Theater, GRoW at The Wallis: A Space for Arts Education (a gift of Gregory Annenberg Weingarten and Family and the Annenberg Foundation), The Bar @ The Wallis and the contemporary 500-seat, state-of-the-art Bram Goldsmith Theater. Together, these structures embrace the city's history and its future, creating a performing arts destination for L.A.-area visitors and residents alike.