Los Angeles, CA
Position title: Advancement Assistant
Reports to: Advancement Director
Status: Full-time, non-exempt
The Advancement Assistant will perform a variety of skilled administrative and clerical duties directly related to fundraising activities, including managing development and event mailings, acknowledging gifts and contributions, and participating in special events.
- Maintain Raisers’ Edge database
- Record contact reports for prospective and current contributors and draft prospect profiles
- Work with Advancement team to prepare mailing lists and oversee the mailing process for all direct mail appeals, reports, and event invitations
- Work with Advancement Director to coordinate membership program and ensure timely delivery of membership renewals, acknowledgement letters, and welcome gifts
- Work with Advancement team to coordinate stewardship practices including year-end reports, holiday cards, and all acknowledgement letters
- With Advancement Director, track outstanding pledges and distribute pledge reminders as necessary
- Assist in Board of Trustees meeting preparation and documentation, including recording Board meeting minutes
- Correspond with the Board of Trustees regarding upcoming meetings and record attendance
- Support Advancement team as needed
- Record and edit minutes at event committee meetings
- Request ad sales and auction items, as appropriate
- Work with Advancement team to execute organizational branding at events, including concept and staffing for any P.S. ARTS Information Booths, as appropriate
- Track and update guest lists
- Manage projects as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change in response to organization need at the discretion of the CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
TO APPLY, PLEASE SEND A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO [email protected]. PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS OR HARD COPIES.