City of Encinitas
- See: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/encinitasca/jobs/2561788/arts-assistant-part-time-w-benefits?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs for full job description.
- The Position
The Art Assistant is responsible for providing a variety of support services in the day to day operations, activities, events, and programs of the Cultural Arts Division. The Art Assistant duties includes but are not limited to customer service, assisting with concerts and cultural events, answering phones, billing, data entry, coordinating with artists and vendors, curating exhibits, hanging artwork, assisting with public art, gallery oversight and all aspects of inventory and supply management.
This is a part-time (0.75 FTE) position budgeted to work 30-hrs per week, all benefits will be prorated. The incumbent may be required to work flexible hours.
- Examples of Important & Essential Duties (included but not limited to)
- Manage applications and logistical matters associated with off-site events;
- Collaborate with external organizations and agencies, community groups and volunteers to promote special arts programs and facilities in the community;
- Operates audio-visual equipment and assists in keeping the Arts Division webpage and other Social Media sites current;
- Creates and maintains databases, spreadsheets and files;
- Makes and fields phone calls;
- Writes and sends emails and other correspondence;
- Helps to install and dismantle exhibitions;
- Assists with food, travel arrangements and professional/social plans;
- Attends social functions;
- Researches projects or ideas;
- Provides practical help in creating artwork;
- Assist with marketing and promotions;
- Assists in the design and production of marketing materials;
- Photograph and video of assigned events;
- Other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of: contemporary art and art practices; basic marketing and abilities to be able to promote activities, services and exhibitions of Art; customer service principles; filing and recordkeeping principles; English language, grammar, and punctuation; instructional techniques; basic mathematical and reading concepts; record keeping; computer programs related to area of assignment; laws and regulations in driving a vehicle.
The ideal candidate will have skills in: providing customer service; using computers and related software applications; writing and verbal communication; performing routine mathematical calculations; working with money; reading and performing basic math; graphic design software; ticketing software; financial record keeping; performing multiple tasks simultaneously; driving a vehicle; time management skills; researching and problem solving; communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Minimum Qualifications
High school diploma or equivalent plus successful completion of college-level coursework in in an Arts-related field and one year experience in civic programs in the visual, performing, and cultural arts, and a public art program, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
- Application Process and Deadline
A completed on-line application, resume and cover letter are required by:
September 22, 2019
*** Incomplete application packets will not be reviewed ***
The City of Encinitas and the San Dieguito Water District provide equal opportunity employment for all persons without regard to race, color, religion/religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, marital status, age, ancestry, genetic information, medical condition, political affiliations, veteran status, Family Leave Act status, AB60 CA Driver's License status or status with pregnancy, child birth or breastfeeding. The City and Water District encourage minorities, disabled persons and women to apply. Qualified applicants who move to the next level of the selection process must notify the Human Resources Office if accommodation is needed. A thorough background check will be conducted for the candidate(s) seriously considered for the position including fingerprinting and reference checking. A contingent job offer may be given pending the results of medical evaluation, which includes a physical and drug and alcohol screening. The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provision contained in this bulletin may be modified or revoked without notice.
- City of Encinitas