1816 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Google map and directions
If you believe . . .
the arts make our communities better
data can help improve our region
everyone should have meaningful access to the arts . . .
. . . then this event is for you.
Arts Datathon: Collections is an opportunity for you to spend a day digging deep into data related to civic art, street art, veterans memorabilia, music and much more. Explore how we can use collections data to improve access to the arts for all Angelenos.
Arts Datathon: Collections will bring together artists, arts administrators, educators, students, community advocates, researchers, hackers and civic professionals to explore how data can improve access to the arts. This year, we will focus on collections data, with eight different tracks to choose from:
Civic Art Wiki Edit-A-Thon
- Correct, improve and add info to Wikipedia about the LA County Civic Art Collection
Hollyhock House Archive: Community Data Design and Cleanup
- Explore and improve the data model for the Hollyhock House Digital Archive based on human-centered design principles.
Los Angeles Mural Data Archive
- Create an interactive and accessible data hub for LA based mural collections
Military and Veterans Artifacts and Memorabilia Accessions
- Add military and veteran artifacts to the Military & Veterans Affairs database
Music as Collections
- Explore online collections of music and develop metadata for open source music discovery.
Promise Zone Arts: Community Curation for a Seniors’ Cultural Guide
- Curate cultural asset data for and prototype a Cultural Guide for Senior Residents in the LA Promise Zone
ROI: Early Planning for Excellent Lessons
- Compile, create and explore lesson plans that utilize collections data
Tag – You’re It! Creating a Visually Oriented Tagging System for Historical Images
- Design and implement a tagging system for historical images that uses visual and cultural components of images for classification
Complete details available at artsdatathon.org.
Arts Datathon: Collections is presented by the LA County Arts Commission along with Angels Gate Cultural Center, City of LA Department of Cultural Affairs, County of LA Public Library, LA County Department of Military and Veterans Affairs and USC Libraries, with support from Arts for LA, Sotheby’s Institute of Art at Claremont Graduate University, Ford Theatres, East of Borneo, LACMA, and Hack for LA.