California Alliance For Arts Education
Arts Now Program Manager
The Arts Now Program Manager is a regular, part-time (20 hours/week) employee of the Alliance and reports to the Alliance’s Program Director. They will be responsible for cultivating, training and engaging a network of local arts education advocates around the State of California. The Arts Now Program Manager will mentor and coach local leaders as well as develop local advocacy tools and evaluation systems to measure the Alliance’s impact in advancing equitable arts education opportunities for students that have historically been marginalized in public education.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Knowledge of the California public education system
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing racial equity
- Belief in the power of the arts to improve learning and essential life skills
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with one-on-one coaching and training
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to action
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Valid California driver’s license
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Grassroots organizing and coalition building experience in communities of color
- Proficiency in written and spoken Spanish
- Knowledge of California’s Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) and Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP) process
- Experience leading trainings through a racial equity lens
- Experience designing and implementing program evaluations
- Ability to use data to inform program improvement and assess impact
- Works with Program Director to identify new and innovative practices in areas of advocacy, communication, leadership, coalition-building and evaluation.
- Leads workshops at the annual Arts Now Leadership Institute, makes virtual presentations on Alliance webinars and represents the Alliance at events across California.
- Collaborates with Arts Now team to develop, implement and coordinate discrete program elements including events, trainings and new initiatives.
- Authors program materials including blogs, reports and tools.
- Works with Program Director to establish promising practices for existing Arts Now Communities and participates in assessment, evaluation and long-term planning.
Coaching of Arts Now Communities
- Assists with building relationships in geographic priority areas, including elected officials, educators, artists, parents, school administrators, and nonprofit leaders at the local level and identifies new communities to join the Arts Now Campaign.
- Collaborates with Program Director to monitor progress and provides ongoing strategic coaching to ensure success of local leaders involved in Arts Now Campaign events, Alliance programs and regional mentorship.
- Collects data on local advocacy initiatives and provides written program information and updates for Alliance staff.
- Assists with writing funder reports and public communications.
- Participates in staff retreat and trainings, organizational planning and Policy Council meetings.
Compensation & Benefits: This position is 20 hours per week with a range of $25-$28/hour. Benefits include: Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, 401(k) plan participation and matching, as well as Sick, Vacation and Holiday pay. The Alliance is committed to employee professional development and supports opportunities for training and growth.
Location: The Alliance’s offices are located in Pasadena, CA. However, this position is possible to be fulfilled remotely and could be located anywhere in California.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to [email protected]. No calls please.
The Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Alliance seeks diversity and does not discriminate based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status or any other basis protected by law.