LA Promise Fund
Los Angeles, CA
Our mission is to prepare Los Angeles students for success in college, career, and life. Working through a network of high-performing, community-based schools and a portfolio of programs that reach students throughout LA County, the LA Promise Fund creates vibrant community hubs and partnerships that foster motivated, engaged, and directed students poised for academic, professional, and personal success.
LA Promise Fund is a unique hybrid, operating programs in partnership with Los Angeles Unified School District at two traditional, comprehensive high schools and a middle school, as well as operating two charter schools in South LA. Further amplifying its impact, the LA Promise Fund runs high profile, far-reaching programs and engagement opportunities available to students and teachers across Los Angeles County.
To learn more about LA Promise Fund visit www.lapromisefund.org.
LA Promise Fund’s ArtsMatter program provides support to schools across Los Angeles in arts education and arts integration practices. The recipient of a 4-year grant from the U.S. Department of Education, ArtsMatter is implementing a new program that will promote learning in Media Arts in schools in South Los Angeles. The program will provide extensive supports to LA Promise Fund’s partner and charter schools and in later years will expand to include other schools across South Los Angeles and across the country. The program and Manager position is grant-funded through 2022.
Reporting to and working closely with the Director of Arts Programs, the Manager will help implement an ambitious project that will improve educational outcomes for hundreds of students across Los Angeles. The Manager oversee administrative, logistical, and communications tasks related to the classroom implementation of the grant project.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Collaborate with Director, program evaluator, teaching artists, and other consultants to create effective instructional systems to facilitate student learning.
- Maintain schedules for teacher professional development sessions, teaching artist visits, and team planning meetings.
- Oversee contracts and payments to consultants, teaching artists, and participating teachers.
- With the Director, conceptualize, plan, and execute annual Media Arts Expos that showcase student and teacher learning.
- Secure venues and manage contracts for all meetings, workshops, and community engagement events.
- Create and implement social media/outreach strategy for sharing curriculum and outcomes from grant project with educators in Los Angeles and across the country.
- Update ArtsMatter.org website with new instructional materials, examples of student work, and other project outcomes.
- Visit classrooms to record, document, and share programmatic and pedagogical outcomes through website and social media.
Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Degree in education, communications, arts administration, or other related field.
- Experience working with students or within schools, preferably within K-12 Los Angeles schools.
- Coordination or administrative experience with managing timelines and budgets.
- Event planning experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An understanding of K-12 education, adult learning, and/or the arts.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Google applications for managerial tasks.
- Familiarity with website maintenance and social media platforms.
Salary commensurate with qualifications, experience, and education. Excellent full benefits package.
HOW TO APPLY
E-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.