ArtsDay is an annual opportunity to celebrate the contributions of the arts and to talk with elected officials about why the arts are important to us. We thank our elected officials for their investments in arts and culture in their communities and ask them to keep their pledges to foster healthy, vibrant, and prosperous communities that include the arts.
8:30 am to 9:45 am Coffee & Networking, Public Works Chamber, 3rd floor
9:15 am Performance by Viver Brasil Dance Company
9:45 am Line up to enter the John Ferraro City Council Chambers, 3rd floor, Room 340
10:00 am Enter the City Council Chambers
10:15 am Councilmember Mitch O'Farrell begins the ArtsDay proclamation & presentation.
- Rory Pullens, Executive Director of Arts Education, LAUSD
- Yosi Sergant, Activitst | Founder of Manifest Events
- Mason Williams, Director of Digital Product Development, Mattel Inc.
11:00 am Join other arts advocates for a group photograph on the Spring Street Steps of City Hall.
Arts for LA has identified the following Arts & Culture Priorities for the City of Los Angeles for its Legislative Agenda:
- To fully resource the Department of Cultural Affairs
- To support the mural ordinance, and
- To create and fund a racial equity policy, using the arts to build safer communities.
NOTE: Wear RED to visually amplify how the arts community is politically engaged and remind elected officials that we are a powerful voting bloc. The first 300 attendees will receive a free, red Arts Advocate T-shirt.
Download the ArtsDay LA 2017 Advocate Guide.